Topic: PSO Questions

Page 1 of 1
stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:19 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I'm new to this cube section, but not to the Dreamcast section. Regardless, I wanted to hear what's the big difference between the Gamecube version of PSO versus the Dreamcast. Also, how good is the PSO Plus versus the original gamecube version? Just curious. I really like PSO, but I'm undecided on which version to get.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:52 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
GameCube Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2 is much larger than the Dreamcast version.

Episode 1 = everything from Dreamcast version 1 & 2

Episode 2 = All brand new areas and content not found in the Dreamcast version

The GameCube version also has:

different online lobbies
new quests
more weapons
3 new characters (FOmar, HUcaseal, RAmarl)
splitscreen offline gaming
develop your snapshots over the LAN using a simple application
store up to 4 characters on a single memory card
has more vibrant colors and slight graphical tweaks, (such as the heatwash on the telepipes)
you no longer drop your equipped weapon when you die, you only lose mesata and mag synchro

The Hunters Liscense will cost you 8.95 a month if you live in the US. But, remember this covers both Episode 1&2 AND Episode 3. So you get to play quite a lot online. The holiday events are well worth it.

I should point out that you can use other memory cards when playing offline. So if a friend comes over he can being is memory card and charcters over to play splitscreen. Basically there is a host memory card, and you copy a temp save over to the host memory card, and then copy it back when you are done.

You can also use your characters on any gamecube you want. On the Dreamcast if your system broke down, remember you would have to get your serial reset, get a new copy of the game and start a new character, etc etc. On the gamecube this was done away with.

The Episode 1&2 PLUS release mainly has some online only content now available offline! For more details on specifics you can read this thread. The main draw is that it has Ep2 Challenge mode and 3 of the best online quests, now available for offline play. If you can get the Plus version, get it. If you can only find the older version then you can score that and get the plus version later.
unknown
Posted:
Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:23 pm
quote : #3
Hey thanks for the info. I was always curious about what the big difference was. I going to try to go for the plus version if I could.