Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:47 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Man I found the receipt for when I got my GameCube. I couldn't remember exactly when I bought it. All along I had assumed that I bought my Cube and Metroid Prime right after the game came out. But, I also had other memories of obtaining my Dreamcast, GameCube and Playstation 2 all around my birthday in January of 2003.

Well, guess what! I found the receipt so I finally can verifiy exactly when I bought it.

11/24/2002 - 7:30 PM

So I did buy my GameCube and Metroid Prime the week of its release! Very Happy

I had ran out to WalMart on a sunday night, spending just enough money to leave me the cash I needed for my train ticket for work that month. When I first bought my gamecube it was a re-awakening for me. It was what brought me out of a near 5 year video game slumber and got me back into the hobby which I hadn't dabbled with seriously since I was 17.

I bought a Nintendo GameCube, nYko memory card, and Metroid Prime, for a grand total of $224.33.

So glad I found this receipt so I could verify the exact date that I bought this.
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:46 pm
quote : #2
Thats a really good story to read Very Happy When it came out in the UK I couldnt afford it being a student and really young like 12 or something so I would go to the gameshop to play on it and firts game was sonic adventure 2 as well .

Congrats on finding the receipt though its really cool to hear someone so dedicated to getting something they really wanted and even better if it got you back into gaming . Hopefully what is coming will have the same effect on you , me and everyone else reading this mate .
rank 24
Posted:
Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:40 pm
quote : #3
Wow Nikon, I got mine almost exactly one month after you. I got mine on Christmas Day 2002, and I actually got Metroid Prime and PSO Ep. 1 and 2 with the console. That was a great day. I got my Dreamcast about 2 years earlier.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
Nintendork
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:50 pm
quote : #4
I got mine the same day as you, Eclipse. Alos came with the Zelda promo disc and TLOZ: Wind Waker.