Topic: Cube Video Problems

Page 1 of 1
stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Sun May 21, 2006 2:37 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I recently just purchased a refurbished Cube at my local EB, along with Metroid Prime and Luigi's Mansion. However, the video has lines going up the screen, like static lines. Is this a problem with the Cube itself? I know when I have my Sega Dreamcast plugged into my TV I don't experience the problem. Any help would be appreciated, cause I feel like taking the system and getting it replaced ASAP.

PS- What bullshit is it that they, EB, didn't even include an offical controller with the Cube?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun May 21, 2006 4:19 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
It could be the cable. I would take it back and try to test another cable. Or get another gamecube. Even having them test the system on their TV in front of you to see if it a problem with the cube, or your specific TV maybe(which I doubt).

Hopefully the employees will be friendly and get the matter resolved. Let us know the outcome.
rank 3
Posted:
Sun May 21, 2006 8:24 am
quote : #3
It might not be the Cube but the TV itself. Are you using a 50Hz or 60Hz TV?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Skype - Hydean
MSN - mechoshira@hotmail.com
Zeiram_Wing
rank 7
Posted:
Sun May 21, 2006 6:28 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U
what kind of cable are you using? if its an rf switch, then its the cable, as they are prone to interference. if its rca or component then i'd still say it might be the cable still over the cube itself.
-F-Zero GX Local Online Ranking: 1st in PA-
stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Mon May 22, 2006 12:26 am
quote : #5
The Cube has been playing the games great, besides the graphic hiccups with the static, scrolling lines. I don't know what kind of hz my tv set is, but it is a US model, if that helps. Would my best bet be trying to get another cable to test it out? Oh, and by the way, I'm glad that I got another Cube. It's my third one, but I want to build up a collection, since the Cube and Dreamcast, are two awesome systems that I own and probably will never, ever, get rid of. I'm sorry I did in the first place.

Vandross
rank 3
Posted:
Mon May 22, 2006 1:36 am
quote : #6
In that case, you might want to buy an RGB-Cabel. It improves the picture quality of your TV. Just google it. Cool
Skype - Hydean
stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:07 am
quote : #7
Well, after a long wait, I took my Gamecube up the EB were I got it. Thank the heavens I got the extended warranty for once! The sales person gave me no hassle. Heck, he said that it was weird that the video problems were there too. After playing with the replacement, I have to say I'm very excited. The only negative thing that I could possibly say is that EB now gives out third party controllers instead of the original pad. The third party one sucks the big one. I couldn't even play Metroid Prime cause the left trigger doesn't register when I hold it in to lock on and scan the items. No biggie, however, cause I'm going to invest in some Wavebirds. Very Happy

Vandross
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:04 am
quote : #8
Well, congratulations.
Skype - Hydean
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:06 am
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U/C
What was wrong? was it the cable or the console?
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:09 am
quote : #10
The console, believe it or not. I used my friends cable to test it out. It there first time since I had a console back in the NES days that I ever had a hardware problem with the console.

Posted Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:56 pm:

EB games blows. I got my second game cube. After a day or two, after 30 mintues, the drive would no longer read the disc. I decided to take it back. Now, with my third gamecube, the drive doesn't even spin to try to read the disc. Bullshit by all accounts. The lesson of the story I guess is to purchase stuff new from a place. I'm so disappointed, since I got like 3 games that I didn't even play do to switching cubes so often.