Topic: I've been pondering...

Page 1 of 1
RoyLover
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:13 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Yes, I just recently registered here...and there's one thing I really wanted to know...Do you think it's worth putting my PSO game online??? (I have Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II for GC...)

I know about how a lot of people left it because of Blue Burst. If I do go online, I would have to confide to my parents on how much I would like to go online because I don't have a credit card so they will have to pay for my Hunter's Licence. Then I would have to suffer the odd questionings of my older brother as to why I wanted to go online. I would also need to purchase a keyboard compatible for the GC (because the in-built keyboard in the game is just...I don't want to deal with it...) and an internet cord as well. I would be able to purchase it on my own since I do work so that part of it is little to worry about. I have been playing offline for a while...My character is currently at level 57, a FOmar...

So I've just been pondering about it for a long while now and I would like to make a decision on it now...so I would really like opinions from others such as yourself.

U-235
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:49 pm
quote : #2
Well, I play online on 2 different systems with PSO... Gamecube and Dreamcast. My dreamcast character has 360 hours, and gamecube I think is around 120 hours. So obviously I've had a lot of fun with this game, but you do have to be careful when playing online. But the rewards outweigh the risks. I don't know if you have Plus or just Ep1&2, but you can do challenge mode online (gets you an Srank weapon which you get to name), Battle Mode, online only quests such as Towards the Future, Famitsu Maximum Attack, Endless Nightmare, Phantasmal World, and so on. So I'd say PSO is meant to be played online for sure. Mr. Green

RoyLover
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:41 am
quote : #3
I don't have Plus. Just Ep 1&2 in which I would play with my siblings sometimes (since it's able to be 4 players). Just yesterday, I was able to level my character twice...So he's now level 59! I guess I'll keep training my little guy (yeah, he's short) offline...I'm sure online is a lot funner than offline, anyday. Smile Being cautious...I probably will.

I guess I can ask for some aid from my little sister since she wanted to go online as well because I don't know how my parents will react to us playing online.

U-235
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:30 pm
quote : #4
Hmmm... I thought that Plus was the only one of the 2 with multiplayer offline. Anyway, I do know that you don't have challenge mode or battle mode or any of the online only quests. Mr. Green

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:51 pm
quote : #5
U-235 wrote:
Hmmm... I thought that Plus was the only one of the 2 with multiplayer offline. Anyway, I do know that you don't have challenge mode or battle mode or any of the online only quests. Mr. Green

Actually, yes, the regular PSO DOES have challenge mode AND the quests. It does NOT have Challenge Episode2, but it does have Episode1. The online only quests, yes, are not in PSOEp.1&2, but battle and challenge mode most definitely are. Do not make statements without first checking their validity Razz
Posted:
Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:02 pm
quote : #6
Yep, it's true that there's challenge and battle mode for offline play (and some quests, too), but it's only available in Ep. 1 as Satoshi had said. In Ep. 2, there's only normal mode, I think. There could be battle mode, but I'm not too sure since my siblings and I don't often play battle mode.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:59 am
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
It should be noted, that by playing online, you get all of the perks that would be found in the Plus version of the game. Since the Plus version merely contains some online content, now available offline. So by playing online you can play through the tower quests, and seat of the heart quest, as well as EP2 C-Mode.

As for whether you should go online with PSO, I think it is a great experience to try out. You can cancel or renew your Hunter's Liscense at any time. If anything I would sign up for a few months to take advantage of the Halloween event which will allow you to get some rare mag cells to create different mags. They are only available during halloween. Maybe by september and october you can get online.

By the way, do you have a broadband / modem adapter?
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:46 pm
quote : #8
lordnikon wrote:
As for whether you should go online with PSO, I think it is a great experience to try out. You can cancel or renew your Hunter's Liscense at any time. If anything I would sign up for a few months to take advantage of the Halloween event which will allow you to get some rare mag cells to create different mags. They are only available during halloween. Maybe by september and october you can get online.

By the way, do you have a broadband / modem adapter?

I do wonder what events takes place when it hits the holidays, but if I decide to go online, I would get a boardband and keyboard adapter. (Which practically means I don't have it in my possession.)