Topic: Game on!!!!

Page 1 of 1
U-235
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:37 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
PSO servers for the gamecube are back online as of today. I wasted no time in calling SEGA's technical support line, and I got more than what I expected... A FULL REFUND! YES!!!! Anyway you were right, Nikon... No announcement was made of the server's return to online status. Par for the course.

edit:
I stand corrected. Clumsyorchid made the announcement after I made this post.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:12 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I knew the servers would come back online. It would have been too bizarre for them to not get fixed. Way too early. Especially since sega knows a lot more about how many subscribers there are than we do. My guess is that it is still bringing in enough revenue to spend the time to get it fixed. Plus a lot of people were making noise about the servers being down.

Do you have to call Sega of America to get a refund for this month? What number did you call? Are they going to give a refund to everyone?
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:50 pm
quote : #3
They have made no announcement that they would be refunding everyone's money. I called 1-800-USA-SEGA, and navigated through that automated telephone system until I was talking with a person. I told her I was looking for an extension on my hunter's license, and she went ahead and gave me a refund. Very nice, didn't hassle me one bit about it. And that saved a lot of face with me in their customer support/appreciation department.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:59 pm
quote : #4
Where did you go in their system to reach a customer support rep? I went to the GameCube section, and then went through the maze of numbers and didn't get anywhere. If you could tell me the sequence you used that would be great.

-thanks
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:36 pm
quote : #5
Ok, I went thru the maze to "Questions about PSO Episode 1 & 2" and I hit the 0 key. It isn't listed as an option, but it is on ALL of the automated systems, so it was kind of a lucky guess that it would work. I just sort of kept going deeper into the system hitting 0 until I actually got a telephone line. Also, I was put on hold for about 2-3 minutes.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:37 pm
quote : #6
Ok cool, I shall try this on monday Smile