Page 1 of 1
gRiMgRaVy014
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:57 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi, I'm just wondering the average server population for Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II.

Mostly because I don't want to spend alot of money to get the game and a modem, only to find the server mostly empty.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:16 am
quote : #2
Are you currently playing online on Dreamcast PAL PSO? (I didn't see you in any of the PDB's on the DC site so I figured I would ask anyway.)

If you are online with PAL PSO you could get by with just that. If you are not, then going online with GC PSO would be a solid decision. It works fine over dialup, and while modems are sort of scarce, you can score one for about 15-20 dollars. Maybe cheaper if you hunt around. U-235 plays over dialup and I play with him all the time. It performs exactly the same as on the Dreamcast as far as network performance.

The server population is decent. There are about 30-40 people on the US server during peak hours, and about 350+ on the Japanese servers. The stats are somewhat deceptive, because many US players may be over on the JP servers, and some of the people online are on Episode 3.

If you are going to get online, do so by september. In October Halloween starts, and you can get Mag Cells very easily from collecting 8 cakes and turning them in for a Jack-O-Lantern (which has a mag cell inside).
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:46 pm
quote : #3
Is there any type of free 30 day trial or something for PSO?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:51 pm
quote : #4
Yes you get the first 30 days free. However I am not sure how that works if you buy a used copy. I would like to think it is based on your username and password that you create before setting up your account, rather than the serial number. If there are any complications you can always call sega customer support.

But yes you are entitled to a 30 day free trial. Also, the 8.95 a month fee covers BOTH PSOep1&2 and ep3.
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:31 am
quote : #5
Well, I tried asking Sega if I could register a new account since I bought my game used, and someone before me had indeed played on the Sega server, and Sega said that I should buy Ep3 and use that SN/AK since they said "I could not use the SN/AK included with EP 1/2 if it had been previously used." So that kinda sucks, but now I have Ep3 to play as well. I only emailed Sega though. You should try to make a new account with the SN/AK even if they are used...

-KoNeko <3

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:07 pm
quote : #6
Used copies of PSO are useless online because Sega won't allow you to register a new acct with previously used serials.

I'm sure you'll enjoy PSO Ep3 though!

Angel13
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:26 pm
quote : #7
when are peak hours? dial up and dsl users cant play together?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:12 pm
quote : #8
Peak hours would probobly be in the evening time. If you are ever having trouble finding people to play with, going over to the JP ships and trying to get into a game with them wouldn't be out of the question.

Broadband and Dialup users CAN play together.
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:39 pm
quote : #9
and nikon how would i add you to my friends list? or some way i could chat with you?