Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:50 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

Planetgamecube was at the Toy Test this year and enlightened us all with some new features on a greatly updated build of Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Remember reading a lot of articles from E3 stating that mario kart double dash was too slow? Well this time around, Nintendo addressed these issues just like they said. Mario Kart: Double Dash is at least 2 times as fast as the E3 build, if not faster than the N64 counterpart. Also the power slide feature is now in the game(whoooo hoooo, yessss). The power slide can be controlled using the right and left trigger buttons.

More new feautures:
+Each character has their own unique items
+Teamates can swap items back and forth
+“double question boxes” giving items to both teamates
+single item boxes only give to the character in back

New Battle Mode revealed:
'Bom-Omb Blast' which involves hurling bombs at your opponents in the attempt to blow them up in an array of explosions.

Character Roster Recap:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Bowser, Baby Bowser, Yoshi, Baby Koopa, Wario, and Waluigi

source
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:32 pm
quote : #2
*backflips*
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:14 pm
quote : #3
Suppa Buddha wrote:
*backflips*

why would u do that? anyways looks like its gonna be a great game too bad Nintendo just didnt make it online instead of that online tunneling projest thing those people are working on... sorry im getting a bit spacey
Posted:
Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:17 pm
quote : #4
oh yes and gonna be a lot of fun when it comes out only people i played Mario Kart 64 with was my bro and my friends but i pwned them everytime Very Happy hope to face some people here and get pwned for once. like with Unreal Tournement no matter how good i was offline someone *cough* everyone was better then me
Posted:
Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:13 pm
quote : #5
I'm glad to hear that the speed has been pumped up quite a bit.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:55 am
quote : #6
Is it just me, or is this really going to blow up? I knew Mario Kart was popular but Ive been noticing a lot of different people are suddenly getting stoked on Nintendo again over Mario Golf and now the hype for this game. I know I am.

But how much competition is there really going to be online? I was kind of hoping for a user base similar in size to PSO, but I guess since this is Mario Kart, and it is free to play online, perhaps we will be looking at 10,000? users on launch??? Then a scramble for modems and BB adaptors??? Then keyboards??? -Then how many online users??? Japan and Europe too???

I am just thinking of what may happen in the near future , one thing I can say for sure is: as the release date gets closer, the fun, competition and excitement levels are rising across the land and reality is sinking in to peoples minds. THIS GAME IS GOING TO KICK ASS!!!

Classic/Revolutionary Nintendo Perfection... Online?... For Free? ... Shocked

I hope I don't wake up or die something.

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Sat Aug 23, 2003 7:36 am
quote : #7
I also heard rumors at IGN about there being a bonus disc released with the game for those who preorder. Nothing has been confirmed, but that could be cool.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:00 pm
quote : #8
Nine wrote:
But how much competition is there really going to be online? I was kind of hoping for a user base similar in size to PSO, but I guess since this is Mario Kart, and it is free to play online, perhaps we will be looking at 10,000? users on launch??? Then a scramble for modems and BB adaptors??? Then keyboards??? -Then how many online users??? Japan and Europe too???

Well, first off, Mario Kart ISN'T online. There are rumors that nintendo will include a version of gamespy's tunneling software, but it's just a rumor right now. Mario Kart is a LAN game. And it ONLY works with the BBA, no modems... And keyboards aren't supported, especially if it's a LAN game. Why type to your friends when they're less than 50 feet away from you?