lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:24 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://www.o3games.net/o3/?page_id=7

Looks like O3 will be publishing Radirgy in the US. They are naming it Radio Allergy?....ehhhh bad name. That logo they have on there is garbage too.

I am really excited that this is getting released. The GameCube deserves to have this brought out in the US, and I am glad someone has the balls to release this game after the industry, including Nintendo, is trying to shuffle the GameCube under the rug.
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:09 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
Shocked This is cool news! This way i don't need to buy the Dreamcast version since I can buy the US version for GameCube.

Radirgy is the only last years Shoot'em Up releases that I dont have yet, so this is good news in the right time Smile . I know the DC version probably has more collectable and sentimental value for people, but the GC version of this game can be too because it will be one if not the last release for it.
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:21 pm
quote : #3
I have bought them on both systems. For instance I bought the Dreamcast release of Chaos Field, but then when the domestic US release came out, I bought that one as well. (I have Ikaruga on DC and GC as well.)

But even if you have to buy the game for one system, getting it on the GC is still a great way to go.

You could have imported the Japanese GC release of Radirgy, but then again importing the US version will probobly be cheaper.
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:54 pm
quote : #4
Well I was mentioning the US version of Radirgy because of it being written in English, and with an Instruction booklet where you can understand something. If that’s really necessary in this game anyway.

Or I didn’t know about Chaos Field being released on the US or I completely forgot it Razz . The advantage of playing Dreamcast titles especially shooters is that I use VGA to play them while in PAL GC it’s impossible to do that, no progressive scan here etc…
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:30 am
quote : #5
lol 03....thats what I call an underground developer

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:49 am
quote : #6
They arn't developers. O3 is a publisher. (They package and distribute the game to retail)

Radirgy and Chaos Field are developed by MileStone.
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:50 pm
quote : #7
Wow, it seems that the GameCube is not dead. The game will be released only on the US and Japan?

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:24 am
quote : #8
Great game, lame name. Seriously, Radio Allergy? Confused

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:59 pm
quote : #9
Yea I don't get why they felt the need to change the name. "Radirgy" was perfectly fine, and I was under the impression it stood for Radio Energy. However with the "pills involved" maybe it does mean allergy?

It is cool that this game is coming to the states so more people can play it. I have it on Dreamcast and it rocks.

Lanzarlaluna if you are out there, your Import copy you bought will be cooler than the US one. I fear they are going to butcher a cover design from the looks of their new logo. Hopefully its just a placeholder.
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:30 am
quote : #10
Yes, I'm here and alive. =] I am super glad I imported it now. Snagged it for $30 or so when Play-Asia had a sale a month or two ago. When I first saw it was coming to the US, I was like, shit.... Then I saw the crazy name they gave the domestic release. No thanks, I'll keep my import. Buuuuuuuuuut, I'm also glad that others will be able to play this game for a reasonable price. It is teh awesomeness.

P.S. I love Japanese GameCube cases. Totally compact and sleek.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:08 am
quote : #11
Question about that. Do they come in a cardboard sleeve? with a plastic case inside? I think the cases are like that of the GameBoy Player software disc.

Also, as far as a collectors level the JPN version is cooler. So it was worth it taking advantage of that deal when you did. I don't think one could get it for as cheap any other time.
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:09 pm
quote : #12
Yes it’s a cardboard sleeve with a plastic case inside. They are really cute tiny boxes, just like all GC stuff is.

If you think that name is bad i think its worse when they change an already great english name, like Biohazard, to other name... Rolling Eyes
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:31 pm
quote : #13
taken from: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&feed=ngc
Quote:
posted by Timboo at 10:10 am on 2007-06-04

A sorry day: Another Gamecube title bites the dust

Although it wasn't being billed as a blockbuster some fans will be saddened by the news that forthcoming GameCube title, Radio Allergy, has been laid to rest. O3 Entertainment said that, "Radio Allergy for the Nintendo GameCube has been cancelled in North America". They added, "Due to the transition to new gaming platforms, retailers are no longer interested in stocking GameCube titles." The title had been released in Japan under the guise of Radilgy on the Sega Dreamcast.

i cant believe they canceled this game! it's good you can import but radio allergy would have been sweet. edit: sorry, i just realized there was another topic about this already. http://gamecube.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1363&highlight=