Page 1 of 1
X
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:33 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey everyone,

I'm mainly over at the Dreamcast section of Online Consoles, but I thought i'd say hi as a new GameCube owner. I just bought a brand new pearl white GameCube from ebay. I had already bought Zelda Twilight Princess a couple of days ago to go with it. Can't wait to play Zelda.

Other games I plan to buy soon: Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4.

Starwalker
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:06 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
Welcome to the GameCube section! Cool . That was a nice acquisition. You should also try to get Resident Evil Zero and Eternal Darkness if you are into those survival horror games heheh. Depending on what you like there’s some great games for GC.
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:34 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
If you are looking for a rich, epic single-player game, I cannot allow you to be without...

Metroid Prime 1 and 2

nikon will probably find this topic and gush all over the Metroid games, but even nearly five years after the release of MP1, it is still packed with attention to detail and atmosphere.

X
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:38 pm
quote : #4
Thanks for the welcome and recommendations. I will check out Resident Evil Zero and the Metroid Prime games for sure. I've never played any Metroid Primes so it should be interesting.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:08 pm
quote : #5
X wrote:
...I've never played any Metroid Primes so it should be interesting.

You are in for the EXPERIENCE OF YOUR LIFE! Shocked

Close all doors, turn off all lights. Ignore all calls. Play Metroid Prime and emerse yourself in one of the most atmospheric games ever made.

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 are probobly my favorite games ever.
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:54 am
quote : #6
Metroid Prime is a beautiful beautiful game, but it can be a bit intense at times (im looking at you Metroid Prime Wink).

I'd suggest Mario Sunshine, Smash Bros. and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. I think out of all the games I own for GC, I played them the most.

X
rank 4
Posted:
Thu May 03, 2007 4:18 am
quote : #7
Looks like Metroid Prime is going to be a must. I'm going to have alot of off time in September onwards, I plan to do alot of hardcore gaming (on various systems).

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu May 03, 2007 9:16 am
quote : #8
I am going to have to track down one of those Pearl White PAL gamecubes. I was never aware they existed until I came to this thread and read your innitial post. Will the systems output an NTSC signal? or do they work with PAL output only?

EDIT: Just learned PAL GameCubes cannot output S-Video. Lame.
rank 7
Posted:
Sat May 05, 2007 3:02 pm
quote : #9
lordnikon wrote:
EDIT: Just learned PAL GameCubes cannot output S-Video. Lame.

Aye, the best your going to be able to do is an RGB cable.

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 7
Posted:
Tue May 22, 2007 3:30 pm
quote : #10
If you can get past the kiddie graphics, Animal Crossing will steal your life.

I've been playing this game at least 3 times a week for a few years.

I never knew pulling weeds and doing chores for people could be soo fun! Razz

Starwalker
rank 10
Posted:
Tue May 22, 2007 5:25 pm
quote : #11
Type: PAL
gRiMgRaVy014 wrote:
If you can get past the kiddie graphics, Animal Crossing will steal your life.

I've been playing this game at least 3 times a week for a few years.

I never knew pulling weeds and doing chores for people could be soo fun! Razz

I played Animal crossing every day for 8 months...and during a certain period also did a 2nd town (so i could see what travelling was about), but since it wasn't in an official MC it got corrupted. But was good to get corrupted really after like 2 months...because the game was taking much of my free time every day.

I wanted to play the game for 1 entire year...but had to quit because I got very busy and I really wanted to have more time to do other things. Maybe one day I complete the year since I took note of the day month and year (it may be a bit of cheating if I do it, but otherwise I'll not play again). I had very good collections and did a lot of stuff.

The game is very interesting and really nice...though can get very addicted, and this can be good or bad. But may worth a try.
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:30 pm
quote : #12
Well I bought both REmake and RE4 so far, still waiting to find sealed copies of the other games recommended.

I started playing REmake the other day and I like it alot. (I'd never played the original). The atmosphere is awesome and so are the visuals. The only thing I hate though is the whole ink ribbon thing (glad to hear it's not in RE4). I'm trying not to use alot of ink ribbons but sometimes I just have enough of playing and need to stop. I think i've used about 7 ink ribbons, with around 9 left, and i'm only up to the part where you replace the shield above the fire and the grandfather clock opens where you need to rotate the cogs.

I'm just wondering are there plenty of ink ribbons as I progress on in the game or do I really need to be careful with them? Thanks

Dalore
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:49 pm
quote : #13
RE4 is awesome, I couldn't wait and ended up playin 4 befor Remake, but I advise you to play Remake first. The graphical update is truly mind-blowing, but I felt the control system needed to be tweaked. But hey they sorted it out for RE4, well I guess they almost perfected it! It will be interesting to try out the Wii version when it's released!

Oh if you havn't already, go pick up a copy of MGS Twin Snakes, I just finished that, it rocked!