Page Location: Home > PSO Episode III C.A.R.D. Revolution > Topic
Dalore
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:43 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
This is a game I’ve considered getting for a while, but have held off due to some users giving bad feedback about it's separation from the series core roots. Could someone offer me a quick jest as to its gameplay style and longevity? Cheers

Starwalker
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:42 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
Well I think I can tell some things. It is different than PSO Ep I & II as expected since it’s not an action RPG but a Card battle game. People that picked it expecting to be similar to Ep. I & II were trying to make fools of themselves anyway, since if it’s a card battle you can’t expect the same gameplay as others…

It is possible to choose the same characters as in Ep. I & II, and they also get IDs, though there’s the variation of the Hero or Dark side. The difference is that the Hero side uses a deck of cards with the weapons, armors, shields, techniques we used in Ep I & II, while the Dark side uses a deck of cards with monsters that we know from PSO. But there’s some type of cards available to both, like support cards. You still can still move your character trough Pionner exactly as before, but when you go down to fight the battlefield is divided in squares, and you only use cards to equip character or put monsters in the battlefield depending in which side you play, so there’s a lot of strategic elements there. The amount of cards and the movement in battlefield, etc…is determined in each round by rolling the dice.

The atmosphere of the game and graphics are very good in my opinion and are according to the series or even better. I would like to see some of those levels in a classic action version, same as music.

About longevity, I think no one needs to worry here, it is a lot. You still level up like in other version, the amount of experience depends how well the battles went. There’s many cards and rares ones too. Not to mention that playing with the Hero side is different from the Dark side. It’s also possible to play multiplayer offline and play free battle versus the console.
rank 2
Posted:
Fri May 23, 2008 11:37 am
quote : #3
Just to add to what Starwalker said, you can switch between the hero and dark sides whenever you see fit.

I also recommend this game. It's fun and a great new take on the PSO series Very Happy

gary_b
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:00 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
they have this up at the local game store. idk if i want to play this game if its no longer online. how is the games offline mode? is it still worth owning?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:10 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yes it is still worth owning. Every PSO fan should own this game. It is great!

I still need to put these up on the site, because I have to write a tutorial for them, but if you also own the original version of PSO Episode 1&2, you can load official download quests to get rare event cards like Famitsu Magazine. I have salvaged all of the official download quests from all regions.
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:25 am
quote : #6
Your advices are very useful, I appreciate your knowledge