Page Location: Home > Kirby Air Ride > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:56 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I thought this game would drop in price. I was sorely mistaken. Not only has it stayed its course in terms of price, but now it seems to be rare? Odd. Amazon and eBay only have a few listings for the game. In-addition people are selling this game now for inflated prices. I have NO idea what happened. I think the game does have a semi-short supply, but this is indicative of a lot of GameCube games. So they might be rare right now but not so rare a year or two from now when everyone trades in most of their games for this generation of systems.

I got it for $18.95. There may even be a chance that this game is non-players choice. I have my fingers crossed. Smile
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:54 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
I think the same happens in Europe. That is probably because it allows to use system link in the game, and because there’s not many games that allows to use the BB adapter as we know the games have higher demand.

Maybe I have to get my hands on system link games available before it gets very hard to find them too.
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:05 pm
quote : #3
I don't think its the LAN capabilities that make the game rare. Otherwise this site would be buzzing with a bit more activity.

It should be noted that the GameCube LAN games don't tunnel well with current broadband speeds. And if you are trying to play with someone overseas, forget it. 5 frames per second max....so.... slow.....

This game like many gamecube games seem to be getting rare because they wern't pressed in high quantities. I guess they pressed just enough to meet potential demand. Since there are only so many dedicated GameCube owners I can now see how the games availability is deceptive. You are at a store and see a lot of copies, but because the GameCube installerbase is lower than the PS2 for instance, the amount of available games could be 75% less than your average PS2 game. And then you don't realise exactly how many copies are available of the game until its too late.

I could be wrong and in a month there might be 50 copies of Kirby Air Ride on Amazon / eBay. But right now sites are mysteriously low on stock.

$18.95 is a decent price for the game, and how much I was willing to pay, so its all good on my end.
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:36 pm
quote : #4
this is my first cube reply. i have had my cube for a while now. but i just cant get into many of the games i played for it. i did like kirbys adventure for nes. is airride any thing at all like that was?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:31 pm
quote : #5
Kirby Air Ride is a racing game instead of a platformer.