Topic: GC Homebrew

Page 1 of 1
Overwatch
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:17 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Are there going to be anymore GC releases besides crappy sport games? Will there be any releases like a GC Last Hope? Is there such thing as GC homebrew?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:33 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I think there is such a thing as homebrew on the GC but I am not sure to what extent. I don't think you will see things like you do on the Dreamcast where entire games are developed for the cube down the road. Radirgy is coming to the GC in the US though! (see this thread).

If there are any new releases of importance I will be sure to bring them up as I am keeping my eye out.
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:18 am
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
I think there is such a thing as homebrew on the GC but I am not sure to what extent. I don't think you will see things like you do on the Dreamcast where entire games are developed for the cube down the road. Radirgy is coming to the GC in the US though! (see this thread).

Horray for Radio Allergy!

JKKDARK
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:15 am
quote : #4
April 3 '07 - Backyard Baseball 2007 (US)
June '07 - Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (US)
Q3 '07 - Madden NFL 08 (US)
Q4 '07 - Avatar: The Legend of Aang (Australian version)

Posted Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:45 pm:

Just I want to add Surf's Up (May 22th) and Ratatouille (summer) are also coming in the US

axlrose2k5
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:25 pm
quote : #5
GC homebrew has come along way., due to the fact that it can be used on a Wii. The most promising emulator being developed is Mupen64gc, which is a N64 emulator. There are ways to run homebrew without a modchip, by using SD Loaders. More info: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=38

MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:55 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
I looked at the topic on the progress of Mupen64gc. Apparently, they've only gotten Super Mario 64 to work, at least in the r43 alpha. Since then, the r46 alpha has been released, http://code.google.com/p/mupen64gc/downloads/list but I couldn't tell what has changed. Thank you for showing that!

The Emulator Zone also has homebrew games for download, but I haven't tried downloading any of them (I don't even have the right equipment, anyway.)

axlrose2k5
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:32 pm
quote : #7
Yeah, Mupen64gc is very much still a WIP. Buts its exciting to see. Plus OpenTyrian looks good.http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81532