Page Location: Home > HomeLand > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:47 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
With homeland going online forever, and me and Starwalker being the primary people here who have experience with the game, I felt the need to bulk up on some gear.

• I scored a third GC BBA, which Amazon is selling for about 20 bucks brand new. I did have 3 before, but I hooked my brother up with one recently to get online with PSO here.

• Bought yet another GameCube (brings me up to 4 consoles now), and its a Japanese Purple model with Digital A/V out and a region switch.

The reason why the Digital A/V out is significant is that my Orange Spice import cube doesn't have that feature. It is a newer model, and has that stripped. The region switch mod is sort of an extra thing. It would have been cool to have a US console with a region mod so I could find out if it runs Homeland in the proper Japanese font. Maybe I can still test some things with the Japanese unit + region switch, but its not really the same test case we are looking for. I will have to wait and see.

My goal was to be able to test a God Mode Host + Player Client scenario on the LAN entirely by myself. Plus, have the hardware to run 2 Player Clients + 1 Host locally for when my brother comes over.
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:33 am
quote : #2
With online gaming back in the picture, I plan to get some hardware myself, though not of the same variety. I'll be adding a region switch to my Gamecube so that I can hopefully see Japanese instead of a mishmash of ascii art. Woohoo! Hurray for another Gamecube game being resurrected!

importaku
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:30 pm
quote : #3
Wow you managed to get online again with chunsofts servers gone great job Very Happy . How did you manage it?

Oh & hi, been a lurker here for a while i thought it was time i joined properly, nice to see theres people who love this wonderful game.

MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:23 pm
quote : #4
importaku wrote:
Wow you managed to get online again with chunsofts servers gone great job Very Happy . How did you manage it?

If you enter a code, you can see a prompt into which you can directly enter someone else's IP address: http://gamecube.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1471

I have two broadband adapters, so I'm set there. My sister didn't get back to me yet, (regarding whether or not she found a copy of Homeland in Japan.) I also have to try to implement a region switch onto my Gamecube console.

Starwalker
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:36 am
quote : #5
Type: PAL
Welcome importaku! Smile

I already thanked you before but I'll do it again for letting us use your save for the online last year when the officials servers were still up, and also for the guide.

I had and still having a lot of fun playing it.

Maybe you can join us for some online action when we set up a meet.
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:32 am
quote : #6
Read the article in the link, thats so amazing there was an option to take it online even when the servers were taken down. Yeah at some point id love to try out some of the online storys as i never really got to play online much at all. Maybe i can redo parts of my walkthrough as i go as its rather incomplete & im sure its riddled with mistakes too.

shoutout33
rank 6
Posted:
Thu May 01, 2008 12:04 pm
quote : #7
OMG!!! Shocked It's going online forever!!?!!?? How!?!?! Ok...let me ready thread first. LOL!

I don't believe it. Shocked It's online, but you have to enter a code...which cool, but freeloarder messes up the japanese text. ( Confused Sad Man, what we have to go through to play awesome games. :p Seriously though, is there a way (outside of getting a JP console...) to see the text so you can enter the code correctly? Or do we just have to wait until garbled texted is fixed...I mean figured out? Thanks.

My wife's website: www.hieriphany.com
Starwalker
rank 10
Posted:
Sun May 04, 2008 11:40 am
quote : #8
Type: PAL
Well anyone of us that already have the game tested this game with a region switch modded console. Anyone will have to be the 1st to test.

About waiting 'until garbled text is fixed' unless theres already a version of freeloader that fix this, I don't think they will release more versions for GC.

About the code input maybe I can post pictures so people know where the right letters are. Though right now the camera that I used is damaged so I can't post pics right now.