Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:01 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I may or may not have asked this already. Does anyone here own ExtremeG3, and if you do, have you played the Extreme Lap Challenge?

(if nobody knows what this is, ask and I shall explain)
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:09 pm
quote : #2
Well, I just bought this game today. Care to enlighten me?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:50 pm
quote : #3
Great to hear you got this game! At the title screen you want to enter the following code:

L,R, L,R L,R, Z, L+R

The Extreme Lap Challenge is a single course in the game, and the race runs at unbelievable speed. Not even F-Zero GX is faster than this single course. You will have a hard time using your turbo at max without dying.

WARNING: If you have epilepsy or get motion sickness when playing video games I stress caution when playing this course. The speed is almost too much if you are not prepared for it.

Last edited by lordnikon on Wed May 21, 2008 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:25 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
I have the game but never knew that mode existed. I should start to search for secret codes,etc for games I've completed. I probably miss some nice things like this "The Extreme Lap Challenge". I'll give it a try later, thx for letting us know Nikon. Though haven't played this game for some years.
rank 8
Posted:
Wed May 21, 2008 9:46 am
quote : #5
Starwalker, did you try it out yet?

I don't have this game yet, but I've ordered it through Goozex.com. There's a promotional offer there through which you can get a game for free just for signing up, provided it's selling for only 100 in-store points.

I recently saw a youtube video of the someone doing the challenge with the unlimited shield cheat, ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6seKsmEW_d8 ,) and was quite impressed. It's indeed quite fast! This game interests me, because I like fast racing games like F-Zero X, and because my Gamecube collection is in desperate need of more games with 4-player modes. I'm definitely looking forward to getting this game. (Well, if I get it. I'm not sure if I will, as I'm not sure of the reliability/safety of that trading site. If I get a large package that produces a ticking noise with goozex's return address on it, I'll let everyone know, and tell them not to order from that site!)

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed May 21, 2008 11:47 am
quote : #6
BAHHHH WEAK! Shield Cheat = Super Weak.

I can complete the Extreme Lap Challenge, without hitting any walls. 3 laps, no crashes, no extra cheats. It takes me some time to get into the "zone" if you will, but eventually I nail it. Its not that hard once you memorize all of the turns. You can throttle the speed the letting go of the accelerator a bit, so you can ease yourself into taking on certain turns at full speed getting better and better.

Even though I am disgusted by the shield cheat, it is nice that there is a video available for people to see what this looks like. It is hard to stress the speed of this lap with just words alone. Because it is FAST!