Page 1 of 1
SEGA RPG FAN
rank 7
Posted:
Wed May 14, 2008 8:46 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
This may have already been asked and answered with a resounding "no," but since I'm new to this area, is there any way to use a dreamcast controller on the gamecube? (adapter or re-wiring or whatever)

Kannibal
rank 4
Posted:
Thu May 15, 2008 8:54 pm
quote : #2
I doubt it cause the Gamecube has more face-buttons on it than the Dreamcast.....and I doubt that question has been asked!
rank 47
Posted:
Wed May 21, 2008 5:00 pm
quote : #3
I have never seen this before, and I feel Kannibal is correct. Due to the control differences between the GC and DC, you would be missing controller functions by using such an adapter.
rank 9
Posted:
Fri May 23, 2008 11:59 pm
quote : #4
lordnikon wrote:
I have never seen this before, and I feel Kannibal is correct. Due to the control differences between the GC and DC, you would be missing controller functions by using such an adapter.
i doubt it very much too. but not from controller layouts and more buttons. you are able to use DC controllers for PSX games and it has more buttons. i just don't think anyone would have wanted to do this.

MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Mon May 26, 2008 10:20 am
quote : #5
I also doubt there is an adapter that enables this. Regardless of whether or not it's possible, I actually don't see much of a point. The only major advantage of the Dreamcast controller over the Gamecube controller as I see it is that it has a better and more easily accessible D-pad. However, for most of the games for which that would actually be much of an advantage, the SNES-like pad from hori would probably work just as well, if not better.

Games would need to use both the D-pad, and the left analog stick, but not the c-stick or the z-button, in order for it to be worthwile. The only such game that I can think for which it would work well is Resident Evil 4. The d-pad would be good for walking around, as that uses digital control. Then, you could easily move your thumb to the equally-as-accessible analog stick to aim, as that uses analog control. You wouldn't be able to go straight to the map screen with no z-button, but IIRC you can look at the map from the menu in that game.

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 7
Posted:
Mon May 26, 2008 11:03 pm
quote : #6
The main reason I was asking was for playing games that were released first on dreamcast and then on gamecube to get an "original" feel.

Blast
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:33 pm
quote : #7
If it had happened one good use could have been for DC keyboard support.

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:53 pm
quote : #8
Blast wrote:
If it had happened one good use could have been for DC keyboard support.

I was thinking that as well Wink

gary_b
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:54 am
quote : #9
using it for the DC key board would make sense. seeing how limited cube is on KBs.