Page Location: Home > 1080 Avalanche > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:31 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Sure, 1080 isn't the biggest game on the planet. However it does have a LOT more content than it would make you believe. There are hidden costumes, hidden boards, hidden characters, the extreme courses, and variations on the board designs. Almost 30% of the game is tucked away in the game as unlockable content!

I got so sidetracked doing trick attack for high scores that I had failed to full pass through some of the single player features. Then when I was looking up some more information on the game I tracked down some images of secret characters (ouch I got a spoiler). But I don't think I would have had the motivation to unlock them had I not figured out that they even existed.

So, there is a whole lot more content burried in the game, and the secret characters are really awsome!

(I had meant to post this a while back, but had spoken with Stan64 about this via Jabber, so I forgot I had the intentions to come here and post about it as well.)
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:25 am
quote : #2
I bought this game on a whim on my trip, and it is ABSOLUTELY SICK!. Haven't gotten very far, just played some time attack, but it is very exciting, way more than Amped (Xbox) or SSX (multi-platform).

Thank you for reminding me to buy this game nikon, because it rocks!

-Mytho

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:22 pm
quote : #3
Yes this game does have alot more unlockables then most games.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:16 pm
quote : #4
No problem Mytho :] Yea I love 1080. It is a game I just keep coming back to over and over again because of it's pick up and play personality. I'm still working on unlocking all of the unlockables. The one part of the game that will test your might the most is the Time Attacks. Some of those coins are hard to get to, especially on the last really big course. You have to nail your landings on fallen down trees just right.
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:25 pm
quote : #5
TheMytho wrote:
I bought this game on a whim on my trip, and it is ABSOLUTELY SICK!. Haven't gotten very far, just played some time attack, but it is very exciting, way more than Amped (Xbox) or SSX (multi-platform).

Thank you for reminding me to buy this game nikon, because it rocks!

-Mytho

Well if it beats SSX I will be a happy man Very Happy I only played SSX Tricky and I loved that game. That will be my only means of comparison though as Ive not played anything else in this genre.

lordnikon wrote:
No problem Mytho :] Yea I love 1080. It is a game I just keep coming back to over and over again because of it's pick up and play personality. I'm still working on unlocking all of the unlockables. The one part of the game that will test your might the most is the Time Attacks. Some of those coins are hard to get to, especially on the last really big course. You have to nail your landings on fallen down trees just right.

Pick up and play dont I just love those words Smile Just picked this up on Ebay as cheap as I will get it anywhere so waiting in anticipation now Very Happy

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:20 pm
quote : #6
I just started playing this game yesterday and it took me a few hours of playing, but I am finally starting to get into the game. I initially was pretty shocked at the small number of game modes and maps, but like you guys I am starting to get addicted to trying to beat high scores and unlock things. This makes me replay tracks a lot and now I see that the small amount of stuff in the game actually has a lot of replayability.