Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
gary_b
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:16 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
cube games are getting no respect at my local EB games/ Gamestop stores. just a few months back i went in to find a wall of some pretty nice gamecube games. just the other day i went in to that same wall and all the cube games have been moved to a tiny bargain bin. i also went to a different EB in may area to find the same thing, all the cube games in a bin.

it seems EB games is trying to get rid of the gamecube games. im guessing they will be selling pretty cheap at EB in the comming months.

Blast
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:33 am
quote : #2
Last time I looked the UK version of EB now called Game didnt have any cube games at all. They do sell used systems though at £12. They must have moved all there stock online.

Laters

gary_b
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:40 am
quote : #3
i'm kinda getting the feeling that if i want to buy from a local store i better get to it before its to late

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:54 am
quote : #4
At both of the Gamestops near me, all the GC games have been moved to one shelf. Slim pickings at the mall Gamestop, but the one in a strip center just outside the mall had a pretty healthy selection last time I was there. Buying games at Gamestop is usually a last resort, since most of the games are battered beyond belief. Surprisingly, quite a few of the GC games are in good condition.

I might try looking at the pawn shops and smaller game retailers soon. Pawn shops in particular might have some good deals.

Blast
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:53 pm
quote : #5
TheMytho wrote:
At both of the Gamestops near me, all the GC games have been moved to one shelf. Slim pickings at the mall Gamestop, but the one in a strip center just outside the mall had a pretty healthy selection last time I was there. Buying games at Gamestop is usually a last resort, since most of the games are battered beyond belief. Surprisingly, quite a few of the GC games are in good condition.

I might try looking at the pawn shops and smaller game retailers soon. Pawn shops in particular might have some good deals.

Do you have charity shops in the USA? Like Oxfam shops etc? Ive just recently picked up some mega deals in charity shops when there have been none in the past. Over the last month I picked up console games for a total of £2 which is $4 that are worth on ebay £32 or $64 and thats a fair price not top wack.

Laters

gary_b
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:19 pm
quote : #6
Blast wrote:
Do you have charity shops in the USA? Like Oxfam shops etc? Ive just recently picked up some mega deals in charity shops when there have been none in the past. Over the last month I picked up console games for a total of £2 which is $4 that are worth on ebay £32 or $64 and thats a fair price not top wack.

Laters
yes we have some thrift stores here. i often check one by me for DC and cube games. how ever they almost never have any games. it helps that it is located 2 doors down from one of the game shops in a strip mall. so popping in for a look around doesn't waist to much time.

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:58 pm
quote : #7
I have never had any luck at charity shops AKA thrift stores. The only GameCube game I've found was a copy of World Series of Poker. Sad

Blast
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:24 pm
quote : #8
Well its worth it to keep looking. Like I say I never found any until just recently. Cant list what I found cus they are not cube games, I'll keep an eye out for some.

Laters

MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:26 pm
quote : #9
gary_b wrote:
i'm kinda getting the feeling that if i want to buy from a local store i better get to it before its to late

Incidentally, I was talking about just the same thing in http://gamecube.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1445 (my topic on troubleshooting a Gamecube error.) However, as I said in that topic, after I spent some time stocking up, I decided to personally boycott it. Apparently, I stopped far too early. As evidenced by the first post, I would have probably been able to get most of the games I bought cheaper now. (In case anyone's interested, I figured out the cause of the problem I described, and it is that the connection between the disc reading module and the motherboard was loose. Also, I now have two working Gamecubes. [Yes, that's right; I did it. Twisted Evil ] I would have posted this in that topic, but I had been the last one to post, so my post wouldn't have bumped the thread.]

I've actually never found any Gamecube games at any of the thrift shops I've been two. I have found DC, PS2, and Xbox games though, but none were ones that interested me.

Kannibal
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:10 pm
quote : #10
Near my area, in Planet X(affiliated with GameStop and EB Games) in the Glendale Gelleria they have the Gamecube games in a wall and I think the closest GameStop to me has them in a wall, but since i haven't gone out to buy more games I don't know if they put them elsewhere!