Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
gary_b
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:46 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
with the shortage of gamecube KB adpaters i was wondering if i could just use a playstation 2 controller converter along with a playstation 2 keyboard?

does anyone know if this would work?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:21 am
quote : #2
Playstation 2 keyboards are USB, so they can't connect to a controller converter.
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:32 am
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
Playstation 2 keyboards are USB, so they can't connect to a controller converter.
this one seems to plug into the controller port. its an adapter though. not a KB its self.

if that doesnt work what about an XBOX one? in the same way i would have done it with the PS2 kb?

I'm not sure if they have xbox to cube adapters. but it seems likely enough that they would have been made.

MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:47 am
quote : #4
I really doubt the PS2 adapter would work, because with that device, specific keyboard keys are assigned to controller buttons for the PS2, so if you connected it to a Gamecube, I'm guessing that some of the keyboard keys would be assigned to the Gamecube controller's buttons, that's all. I'm not sure about the XBox keyboard adapter. If you're talking about one akin to the PS2 one you provided a link to, I'd say probably no. However, the Xbox's controller interface uses USB1.0, and the system does have a different keyboard adapter for use with the Xbox version of PSO Ep. I & II, that fully functions as a keyboard, so it's a long shot, but that one might work.