Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
Blast
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:07 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I have a visitor coming in October whos a bit of an expert at RPG's I am thinking of making a purchase or getting a game for them to play whilst they are here as we often do it as kind of a group effort (ideally a turn based RPG game FF style but not FF as I think she beat all of those already). Survival horror is another alternative. Include anything that can be played on the GC not just GC specific games as this does not have to be a GC game I just want the best game to play in 8 days. Suggestions then? bear in mind the 8 day time frame Very Happy

Laters

See also: http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=17467#17467

And: http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=74866#74866

Last edited by Blast on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:09 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
This one is easy, because there are 2 games on the cube that were cube exclusives, that not many people have played:

Lost Kingdoms 1 or Lost Kingdoms 2. They are RPG's with a card battle system. You summon cards that deal damage. The battle system is in real time as well. Awsome games by From Software, and really great graphics. Highly recommended.
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:16 pm
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
This one is easy, because there are 2 games on the cube that were cube exclusives, that not many people have played:

Lost Kingdoms 1 or Lost Kingdoms 2. They are RPG's with a card battle system. You summon cards that deal damage. The battle system is in real time as well. Awsome games by From Software, and really great graphics. Highly recommended.

That sounds interesting. So does this mean you have like a card game at the lower part of the screen during battles? Does this have a Pal release? Its not a problem time wise to import but I havent looked into playing non pal games on my GC yet.

Laters

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:45 pm
quote : #4
It was released in PAL Regions. What you have are cards in the game that represent certain attacks on enemies. Instead of pressing a buttons to innitiate certain attacks, you summon a card attack from 4 available slots that have been dealt to you. You can custom build your deck. It appears on the left side of the screen, while on the right is 4 cards drawn from your deck, assigned to different buttons on the controller.

rank 11
Posted:
Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:25 pm
quote : #5
Since you say Survival Horror is an alternative, then you need look no further than Resident Evil or Resident Evil 4.

As for an RPG in 8 days, that's tough to say. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance might be something to try though. It's turn-based, strategy RPG. the battles hold more consequence because when a character dies, you can't revive them and they are gone for the game if you don't restart the battle. so you place your attention on keeping people alive. or maybe try Baulder's Gate: Dark Alliance. it has a fun co-op mode

Posted Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:18 pm:

hey blast, did you and your friend try out any games?