Topic: Resident Evil 4 Discussion

Page 2 of 2
Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:28 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
It's really good, and I feel like it's one of those games that transcends the genre. By that I mean that I don't think it matters if you like survival horror, you'll love this game anyways. I've beaten the game once and have been working on Mercenaries.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
petrolhead
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:39 pm
quote : #17
Very Happy
Thiss game LOOKS absolutely awesome.
Does it play as good as it looks?

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:43 pm
quote : #18
Type: NTSC-U/C
petrolhead wrote:
Very Happy
Thiss game LOOKS absolutely awesome.
Does it play as good as it looks?

You bet! This game has gotten such outstanding reviews from both publications and gamers alike.

-Mytho

Joe_news
banned!
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:33 pm
quote : #19
A MASSIVE RE friend of mine (really really really hot, competely unexpected, girl gamer) says she doesn't like it and prefers how it was classicly done...

yet to play it, but when I barrow her GC ill tell you all what I think... I hope im not disappointed - I liked the old style alot...
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:23 am
quote : #20
I played it for a brief 10 or 15 minutes. It's AWESOME. The control scheme isn't THAT different from the REmake or RE0, so that's good. Back and B will turn you 180 degrees (just like REmake), so that is really useful. Aiming is awesome, and... well, it's just plain awesome. I still haven't picked this game up yet... My friend brought it over a while ago, she still teases me about how I don't have it yet Rolling Eyes
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:28 am
quote : #21
Very Happy
The graphics just look amazing, better than anything that i've seen on the PC(I do have HL2,CS-S and DIII).
If it plays as good as it looks,i WILL buy it.

Are there any other amazing looking games on the GC?
I've only had a GC for a few days and most 'adult' aimed games appear to only be written for PS2 and Xbox.

Why is this?

The GC certainly appears to be powerful enough in the visual department (as RE4 shows)...

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:00 am
quote : #22
Joe_news wrote:
A MASSIVE RE friend of mine (really really really hot, competely unexpected, girl gamer) says she doesn't like it and prefers how it was classicly done...

yet to play it, but when I barrow her GC ill tell you all what I think... I hope im not disappointed - I liked the old style alot...

Actually, a lot of people who loved the old REs to death don't like this one as much because it is drastically different from the other entries in the series. For myself and every other gamer, you're seriously going to want to check this game out for sure. Everything is well polished, the gameplay is top notch, and hell, it's just cool to blow the hell out of tons of enemies. I like it much, much better than the old REs

petrolhead wrote:
The graphics just look amazing, better than anything that i've seen on the PC(I do have HL2,CS-S and DIII).
If it plays as good as it looks,i WILL buy it.

Are there any other amazing looking games on the GC?
I've only had a GC for a few days and most 'adult' aimed games appear to only be written for PS2 and Xbox.

Why is this?

The GC certainly appears to be powerful enough in the visual department (as RE4 shows)...

Well, the game does look damn good, much better than anything I've seen on the consoles, but to call it more beautiful than Half-Life 2 is probably an overstatement.

Anyways, for other amazing looking GCN games check out Metroid Prime 1/2 and Zelda: Wind Waker (if you can look past the fact that it's cel-shaded, you'll find a seriously beautiful game). There's also the new Legend of Zelda game on the horizon which also looks to have amazing graphics as well.

As for adult themed games, there aren't too many out there for the GCN mainly because developers and consumers alike see the Gamecube as a "kiddie" console. But hey, if you're looking for some great adult games, check out Metroid Prime 1/2 and Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem along with Resident Evil 4 and REmake. Those are just a couple very, very high quality adult titles that you just can't find anywhere else.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
petrolhead
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:05 am
quote : #23
Very Happy Very Happy
mmm.
Quality is better than quantity anyday.
Just look at all the rubbish on PS2!

Suppose i'l just have to choose carefully.

ps.I got my GC on such a good deal that if there's only a few AAA titles, then i don't mind.
There's still at least a year of GC game releases to go before the new console, here's hoping that the true power of the GC can be realised, RE4 might be just the start of some amazing releases.

Posted Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:14 pm:

RE4 turned up today. Awesome.

That's only the first stage, The big cheese is a bit hard for my liking.
ps,love the shotgun.....

I think i'll have an hour on Metroid Prime now(also turned up today).

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:00 am
quote : #24
I heard that the ps2 version won't be as good because the ps2 just can't handle the awsome graphics that RE4 has.
Which almost makes you want to pick up the gamecube version instead of the ps2 version.
Finally the gamecube gets the recognition it needs!!

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:49 am
quote : #25
gRiMgRaVy014 wrote:
I heard that the ps2 version won't be as good because the ps2 just can't handle the awsome graphics that RE4 has.
Which almost makes you want to pick up the gamecube version instead of the ps2 version.
Finally the gamecube gets the recognition it needs!!

No flame wars... but the PS2 version will have to have a LOT of stuff stripped out of it...
Posted:
Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:11 pm
quote : #26
Joe_news wrote:

rare find, ive only met one girl that games and is incredibly gourgeous.............

anyways RE4 is worth picking up a gc just play to that game. (if u dont have 1)

Last edited by andyspof on Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:45 pm
quote : #27
Wow. That is actually pretty interesting if you think about it, since the industry is trying to appeal more to female gamers. It is a very cool observation to see that a control scheme that most guys would deem inferior, a female actually prefers to the new free roaming control scheme. Maybe because the old controls are a bit easier to control for someone who isn't used to full hand eye coordination related games? This really makes you think.

Also on the note of the PS2 version of RE4. Yea they are going to have to really cut the game down. However I still think it will be a game people will be able to play and enjoy who just have a PS2.

If you'll recall the PS2 has had 2 exclusive RE's released on it already with RE Outbreak 1 and 2. Here is a shot from RE:O File 2:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/034/920238_20050204_screen016.jpg

That still looks really engaging if you ask me. Will RE4 look as good on the PS2? No. But it will still look good none the less.
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:10 pm
quote : #28
I just saw a picture of resident evil 4 for the ps2 and as nikon said it will still look good it won't look like the gamecube version.

andyspof
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:15 pm
quote : #29
i dont know if they do on the cube or not, but since the ps2 disc is a full size dvd, meaning way more space, why not use some pre-rendered texures, sure its kind of cheating, the casual eye dosent notice...

Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:22 pm
quote : #30
I am building back my Gamecube collection and RE4 is on my top 5 list for sure. It's a great experience from beginning to end and the attention to detail is amazing: the graphics stand as not only some of Gamecube's best, but that generation's best. and although it's primarily a linear game, you do very little backtracking and are greeted with new and interesting areas to see throughout the entire length of the game. It uses quick-time events effectively, also includes the Mercenaries side-game from RE3 and makes it even more addicting. RE4 is pretty much completely awesome.