Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:00 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
We are going to need roughly 7-8 participants this year so that everyone can get a PSO mag cell. I really hope everyone can make an effort to come out this October and play Phantasy Star Online. During the Halloween festivities, there are 2 different ways you can acquire rare mag cells. The first is by hunting "Hallo" Rappys in the Temple area in Episode 2. They are rare enemies that will spawn in place of a Normal Rappy. The second is by playing the special Halloween quest, which if you meet the requirements of collecting 8 different types of Cakes, you can trade them in for a Jack-O-Lantern. Inside the lantern contains a mag cell.

Because the cake types are limited by Hunters License ID, you will be required to exchange cakes with up to 8 other Hunters. The Halloween quest can be played solo, or in a total of 4 players.

If you are Hunting Hallo Rappys or Playing the Pioneer Halloween event quest, be sure to stop by this thread to discuss it!

We are currently having a roll call to find out who is committed to playing during Halloween this year. Please reply to this thread and show your support!

---

Mag Cells that you can get from Halloween include:
  • Cell of MAG 213
  • Cell of MAG 502
  • Heart of Chao
  • Heart of Chu Chu
  • Heart of Opa Opa
  • Heart of Pian
  • Parts of RoboChao
  • Heart of KAPU KAPU
Mags that can be grown from these cells include:
  • Churel
  • Pretra
  • Pitri
  • Soniti
  • Chu Chu
  • Opa Opa
  • Kapu Kapu
  • Chao
  • RoboChao
  • Pian
For now you can view images of these mags here, until I can get a proper guide up at OC for these mags.

EDIT - Fri Oct 31st: Updated Cake List for 2008. These are the 8 you need to get a Jack-O-Lantern!

• Lemon Cake
  • Pumpkin... Chocolate Cream... A sponge cake! (lordnikon)
  • Cherry... Yogurt... A sponge cake! (nano)
  • Apple... Strawberry jam... A chocolate cake! (Seraphim)
  • Strawberry... Strawberry jam... A rare cheesecake! (loki101)
  • Pumpkin... Yogurt... A rare cheesecake! (Pen0r)
  • Peach... Chocolate cream... A sponge cake! (Starwalker)
  • Pumpkin... Chocolate cream... A rare cheesecake! (nikon oldchar)

Last edited by lordnikon on Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:59 pm
quote : #2
i will be here for the Halloween quest Very Happy

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:28 pm
quote : #3
I'm down for Halloween as well.

Blast
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:52 pm
quote : #4
Are the quest rewards for all levels? Just wondering as rewards in some quests (other console versions of PSO) dont get granted until you are on V hard level.

Laters

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:14 pm
quote : #5
For Halloween it doesn't matter what level you are Wink You can hunt Hallo Rappies in the Temple or trade in cakes for a Jack-O-Lantern on Normal Mode if you wanted.
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:10 pm
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:
For Halloween it doesn't matter what level you are Wink You can hunt Hallo Rappies in the Temple or trade in cakes for a Jack-O-Lantern on Normal Mode if you wanted.

Cool thanks for the info. Guess I just wont get to use the weps for a while thats all due to lv restrictions or atp.

Now that things a re calming down here a bit (after baby birth sleepless nights etc) I should be able to start getting some stuff sorted again. I am a million miles behind and out of touch but I'll catch up hopefully in time to catch some halloween GC pso.

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:50 pm
quote : #7
I'll try to make some time. This is, after all, a once a year thing Smile

Starwalker
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:27 pm
quote : #8
Type: PAL
I'm still not sure if i will be available to play the quest or rappy hunting. Also the problem at least to play online is the time zone difference, usually you guys play very late in my time and that's impossible to make.
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:04 pm
quote : #9
Starwalker wrote:
I'm still not sure if i will be available to play the quest or rappy hunting. Also the problem at least to play online is the time zone difference, usually you guys play very late in my time and that's impossible to make.

i am willing to play much earlier. i like to play late too, but i am often playing around with PSO offline from about 8 to 11 GMT as well.

so if you want to go rappy hunting let me know

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:53 pm
quote : #10
We had our first major meetup for PSO Halloween on Friday October 17th, now that I am doing much better from the surgery. So far the cakes that users are getting include the following:

lordnikon - Pumpkin... Chocolate Cream... A Sponge Cake!
gary_b - Cherry... Yogurt... A Sponge Cake!
TheMytho - Apple... Strawberry jam... A chocolate cake!
loki101 - Strawberry... Strawberry jam... A rare cheesecake!

I am also planning on acting as a middle man, where people hand me extra cakes so I can play with some people who aren't able to meet up with others due to time constraints.