Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
Blast
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
NOTE: DUPLICATE POST TO THIS ON THE PS2 SIDE.

Ive made a post about this in general at the DC side of the site for general comments I suggest using that thread.

On the GC side here I wonder as they have specified there is to be free DVD postage how long before GC games come into that same group? With the boxs being the same size I guess it could be done easily console by console.

Ebay message below

Dear eBay Community Member,
We'd like to advise you of changes to our Postage & Packaging Policy that will come into effect on 27th January 2009.
The new policy requirements for listing on eBay.co.uk include:

1. The need for sellers to specify a domestic P&P cost on all their listings.
2. The introduction of maximum costs for domestic P&P in the following categories:

Video Games
    Books / Comics / Magazines
    Music
    DVD, Film and TV
    Mobile and Home Phones

3. All DVD listings to offer free P&P for domestic deliveries.
Excessive P&P costs are cited as a major reason for buyers spending less online. Offering a competitive P&P cost can drive higher sales conversions on eBay.
We believe these changes will enable sellers to continue offering the best value on eBay, and allow for us to continue serving you with the largest volume of buyers on the web.
To help sellers add this information to multiple listings at once, we've added new functionality which will be available in Selling Manager and Turbo Lister.
To find out more information about these changes, please visit the eBay General Announcement Board.
Regards
The eBay Team

END OF MESSAGE

Laters

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:41 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Do you know if this applies to all of ebay or just ebay UK?

Blast
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:01 pm
quote : #3
SEGA RPG FAN wrote:
Do you know if this applies to all of ebay or just ebay UK?

No idea yet! Anyone from Ebay.com or elsewhere had a message yet?

Laters

Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:22 pm
quote : #4
i log into ebay all the time and i haven't received a notice or message about this yet. as for the excessive shipping costs, yea, i see that sometimes, but then i just ignore the item, so i guess that's what they're talking about. doesn't really stop me from shopping online, it just makes me look at what i'm buying more closely.

elph
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:29 am
quote : #5
Bad for sellers, good for buyers. We all know who ebay caters to.

Blast
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:04 am
quote : #6
elph wrote:
Bad for sellers, good for buyers. We all know who ebay caters to.

In some cases its kind of bad for buyer too. By removing the postage for some items the seller will now add postage to the item cost. Ebay have done this so they get extra Final value credit fee money, they only get this on the sale price not on postage. Sellers could then charge more for the item in order to gain back the portion of FVC fee that they are going to loose as ebay will be getting it.

Funnily I had a phone call from ebay today about this very issue. I asked at the end whats the difference between a GC/PS2 game and a DVD postage wise? She said so say DVD's are lighter that GC and PS2 games as they have less bundled crap with them. I see the point, it must be about a 2p variation though truth be told.

gary_b
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:42 pm
quote : #7
Blast wrote:
In some cases its kind of bad for buyer too. By removing the postage for some items the seller will now add postage to the item cost. Ebay have done this so they get extra Final value credit fee money, they only get this on the sale price not on postage. Sellers could then charge more for the item in order to gain back the portion of FVC fee that they are going to loose as ebay will be getting it.
idk what to say about this other than good. let the sellers be honest with the listings. if they feel the item is worth the amount, then let them list it for that amount. i am kinda glad from a buyers standpoint.

Blast wrote:
Funnily I had a phone call from ebay today about this very issue. I asked at the end whats the difference between a GC/PS2 game and a DVD postage wise? She said so say DVD's are lighter that GC and PS2 games as they have less bundled crap with them. I see the point, it must be about a 2p variation though truth be told.
this is not always true. not by a long shot. some DVDs come with 2 discs and other shit loaded in the case, booklets, advertisements, contest drawing forms and such . some used games do not come with anything, disc only. i would say on average video games would have more weight but not always.

Blast
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:27 am
quote : #8
Still no news on this from other regions? Wonder how this is going to work if you offer worldwide postage and only ebay.co.uk are bringing it in Confused