Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:26 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I just ordered a Japanese GameCube with 3 game releases, 2 of them Japanese exclusive:

Game Cube Console - Spice Orange (Japan, NTSC J)
Kururin Squash (Japan, NTSC J)
Nintendo Puzzle Collection (Japan, NTSC J)
Wave Race Blue Storm (Japan, NTSC J)

The big problem with GameCube importing.... there is nothing to import. Literally. There are maybe 6 Japanese imports worth owning, with the rest being 10 or so TV spinoff games based on kids TV shows.

I threw Waverace in there because Play-Asia had it for super cheap (6.90!) and I don't own the North American release of this game yet. Plus, I need to put this system to good use. So a game like Waverace is a pickup and play game that I can put chill time into. Nothing like splashing around the water in timetrials.

Oh btw this system is orange. Whooooooooooooooooo!
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:23 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
So you already bought one japanese console heheh. Well done....if its the only way we can display the HomeLand Japanese properly I may have to buy one too. Been serching for the options I have, in case I need.

Posted Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:53 pm:

Nintendo Puzzle Collection looks interesting because those are very addictive games at a special price and even brings a Gamecube to Gameboy Advancelink cable, which allows playing these games on the GBA Shocked very interesting. About Kururin Squash look it’s a party game, so must be fun when playing with other people. Good purchases ^ ^.

The Orange colour is good because I don't think it was released in both US/EU Smile .
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:50 pm
quote : #3
Orange was an interesting color for Nintendo to choose. I'm looking to get a second GC as well and it's a toss up between the orange and indigo since I already have a black. I'm not a big fan of the platinum colored 'cube, but I used to own one when I picked up the Metroid Prime bundle back.

I would like to pick up that Nintendo Puzzle Collection myself, since it comes with a link cable

elph
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:22 am
quote : #4
I dig the platinum one. If I weren't broke I would've bought one w/four wavebirds and set up a second TV for 8-player MarioKart.

Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:20 pm
quote : #5
elph wrote:
I dig the platinum one. If I weren't broke I would've bought one w/four wavebirds and set up a second TV for 8-player MarioKart.

yea that's actually a sweet set-up. four wavebirds and the platinum 'cube go great as a complete console combination. the wavebird was the perfect compliment for gamecube altogether, but now they can be very expensive. myself, i'm kind of on a spending budget right now so i havent been able to get my japanese gamecube yet, but i did get an extra gc console for $20 so i can use it for replacement parts, as a backup console or to have practice if i want to mod my own systems some day.

i think i would like to get an orange colour gc, or if i could ever get some of the other japan-only gc models i would be happy with that too. there's the red gundam, twin snakes, tales of symphonia, hanshin tigers editions and i think there was a white one also.