Page Location: Home > Classic Nintendo > Topic
gary_b
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:03 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
idk why Nintendo removed the ability to play normal gameboy games from the gameboy micro. a gameboy game won't even fit into the cartridge slot. anyway i was wondering if i could use something like an action replay to play gameboy games on my micro? its possible that the micro is not compatible with old gameboy games at all. but i don't see why they would have made the advance play them and not the micro?

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:58 pm
quote : #2
maybe get a sp then?
gary_b
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:23 pm
quote : #3
i don't want an SP. i have a normal GBA and a GBA player for my cube. its not that i don't have a way to play them. i just want to be able to use the micro too.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:14 pm
quote : #4
I think one dead on indication is that the Micro is... well micro. They had to cut some parts and functionality in order to shrink the experience down to the size of the GBA Micro's case.

If you are looking for some oldschool nintendo gaming on the micro, you may want to look into picking up some of the NES classic series.
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:40 pm
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
If you are looking for some oldschool nintendo gaming on the micro, you may want to look into picking up some of the NES classic series.
na it wasn't about playing classics in that manner. its more about being able to use the games i own on the hardware i already own.

i wasn't sure if the capabilities were removed from the hardware. or if Nintendo just wanted people to buy new games. the reason i thought this might be the case is because the DS light cant play old gameboy games either.

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:08 pm
quote : #6
Well I mean if you have no preference between sp or micro they sell for about the same price from what I have seen. Around 40 or 50 bucks, so you could sell yours and get the sp. I like being able to play old gb games with me on the go instead of just on the gb player. Still play the gb version of tetris all the time. Those Russians sure made an addicting game. I still have the original gameboy and gba as well but my eyes need light to see.
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:39 am
quote : #7
I say snatch up a GBA SP at somepoint but hang on to the micro. I have been thinking about getting a micro myself. I think its cool that its almost like an NES pad with a screen built in.