Page Location: Home > Classic Nintendo > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:08 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I finally secured the GBA game I have been wanting to buy for so long. Phantasy Star Collection for the GameBoy Advance is now on its way to me in the mail. I wanted to get a complete version of this game, and not just a used standalone cart. I wanted the case and manual. Sealed versions of Phantasy Star Collection fetch high prices, and even the cart alone will run you 20.00 or more.

I managed to get the game used, but complete with box and manual from estarland. An online shop that lets you know if the game is complete, or has missing materials.

I scored the game for around 25.00, which is an insanely good deal for the game in complete form.

The neat thing is that I can play it on my GameBoy Player on the TV in full screen glory.

The only thing I am nervious about is the audio, which from what I have read has the same "tinny" sound that most genesis emulations have. * ughh * I just hope its not too bad.
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:25 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
hey nikon, how is the sound? i know what you mean by bad audio conversions when they port games or emulate them on other hardwares. especially to the gba. classic snes titles got lower quality bgm too (final fantasy VI among others), so i'd like to know how phantasy star turned out.

Gforce
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:13 pm
quote : #3
Never played the original's so I don't notice any sound issues.