Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:17 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well i guess starcraft ghost IS coming to gamecube now. Blizzard confirmed it, and also had this to say:

"Our plans are, and have always been, to ship StarCraft: Ghost on all three platforms at the same time. The game is up and running nicely on all of the platforms, Nova's abilities are all in, and we're refining the levels and vehicle mechanics at this point. We will not ship the game for Xbox before we do for PlayStation and GameCube, and we won't incorporate any console-specific exclusives in terms of in-game content. We wouldn't want anyone to feel like they're missing out on something just because they own one console and not another."

Very cool indeed. I think this company actually realizes people own more than one system, and people like choices. Some people like certain controllers and systems for specific games.
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:31 pm
quote : #2
Awesome, I'm glad it's still coming to the cube. Even though it's not an RTS like Starcraft (gimmie my Starcraft II already!), it's still gonna be good, it's a Blizzard game.
Posted:
Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:09 pm
quote : #3
satoshi wrote:
*SNIP*

(gimmie my Starcraft II already!)

*SNIP*

Damn straight, satoshi. Damn straight.

Back on topic though, I am also very pleased to hear that Ghost will be coming to all three platforms (and at the same time, no less!). If a game can be released on all three, it should be.

It's great to allow people who own more than one console the choice to pick the platform that they feel will be best for a particular game. It's also terrible to force people (who can't really afford to) to go out and buy a certain system that they don't already have just because they want a game that only comes out on that system.

Bravo, Blizzard. Bravo.

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:42 pm
quote : #4
Gooo Blizzard!

One of the few game companies with a brain left anymore!

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:12 am
quote : #5
Blizzard has always been like that, there games were the first games i played online, and still do to this day
Posted:
Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:04 pm
quote : #6
i'd like to bring the attention back to starcraft ghost because it was one of those games that just looked great, but blizzard had canceled it altogether. it would have been a GC classic, no doubt in my mind, because blizzard generally takes their time to make sure everything is pieced together and crafted to playable perfection. i was watching these two videos (here and here) and reminiscing, imagining what could have been. i mean it had some awesome potential. i wish i could play a demo or something at the very least.

elph
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:16 am
quote : #7
It definitely was looking pretty neat when the last few videos were posted. It's a shame this didn't ever hit the shelves, I think I would've bought it.

Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:21 pm
quote : #8
elph wrote:
I think I would've bought it.

you, me and a million other people. it would've gone player's choice i bet. from an outsider's perspective, i just dont see anything wrong with the game. some games you can tell are too early in development and not ready to come out, that maybe they could benefit with some extra time spent polishing the gameplay, but starcraft ghost looked like it was all but completed and pressed to disc. i know it was in development for a long time. the whole starcraft universe was well implemented, most of the cinematics were choreographed, it had sweet looking multiplayer, awesome graphics and animation, tight looking gameplay, a cool leading character and everything. she kinda reminds me of vanessa from PN03.

going by what i've read, it's on "indefinite hold", so maybe it will see a resurrection, but it would have been welcomed and well deserved on the Gamecube format. for good reason, i think it would have done extremely well on the GC and it just looks like a GC game to me. also, if nintendo wanted to trust someone who would make a great broadband multiplayer experience, it could have been blizzard since they're familiar with the territory and put high standards on their products.

MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:27 pm
quote : #9
I actually didn't hear about this game until a few months after all releases were cancelled. I’m not sure how many people here already know about this, but the Gamecube release of this game was cancelled before the other two releases.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3145383
Quote:
Unfortunately the GameCube version of the game was decided to be dropped. In order to provide the game envisioned by the console team a set and readily available online solution was needed. Unfortunately the GameCube has no online service and since so much work is going in to the online portion, it would be additional work to release only part of the intended game.

Of course, anyone who goes to this site knows this reasoning to be nonsense, but that’s something for another topic.

I was just watching a few videos of gameplay, through youtube. The poster of one of the videos pointed out that the zerglings’ AI is poor, and that was the impression I got, too. Nevertheless, I think I probably would have tried it out, especially if the Gamecube version would have had network support.[/quote]

Kannibal
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:14 pm
quote : #10
OMG...how late am I? I gotta find this game NOW!
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:21 pm
quote : #11
This game was never released for the GameCube or any other platform. It was canceled.
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:29 am
quote : #12
oh! was that going to be an FPS rather than a regular RTS?
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:56 am
quote : #13
well sort of. starcraft ghost was more like a third-person action game, kinda like splinter cell or mgs twin snakes but with less of an emphasis on absolute stealth. i think blizzard wanted branch away from RTS for the console market at the time.

Gforce
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:26 pm
quote : #14
Haha, I remember all the hype I around this game. To bad I couldn't understand the excitement myself though. Confused