Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
Gforce
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:41 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I've actually had this game like a year or two and I've just been playing it once and awhile. It's pretty fun so far though and the story is actually interesting.

The only thing I guess I get bored of is super easy enemies. I've actually found myself yawning from time to time because I just get into a battle and constantly hit A. No selecting of enemies to hit or spells to use for each character, but just A.

Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:38 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
i agree the battles can be tiresome or slow sometimes. the battle intro and camera motions are unecessary after a while and makes everything take longer than it should. loopers can be trouble if dont use magic because more often than not they dodge or your character misses Mad

you are lucky you have the gamecube version because in the dreamcast version you couldnt skip certain animations in battle like your character-specific abilites (e.g. vyse's cutlass fury, pirate's wrath). this is a small but kind addition for the gc version.

the story is great though! the entire game and gameplay is fun but the story makes it a very special game. i love the sense of exploration, using the airship for travel and going above and below the clouds. eventually you'll get to go high enough or low enough to avoid battles.

Gforce
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:46 pm
quote : #3
Yea! Wtf type of magic works on those loopers?? Whenever I try spells, I get a "no effect" with those things.

Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:00 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
yea they're annoying but good for leveling up magic or for money. use special attacks though, like vyse's cutlass fury or any of those. they always have a 100% hit rate. better to use an area attack if you have them available and have multiple loopers, but whatever special attack that does damage will work. vyse's 'rain of swords' move is really helpful.