Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:48 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I finally got a hot deal on Ikaruga for GameCube: 22.00 SHIPPED!

Very Happy

I am pretty excited. I always kicked myself in the face for not buying it when it was readily available. I had the Dreamcast version, and used the logic that I didn't need the GC version because I had the DC release. When I started collecting more, and getting my favorite games on multiple platforms I regretted not getting the GC version.

I just purchased it this morning from a collector. So I should have it soon. I will post a pic when it gets here Smile
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:27 pm
quote : #2
Lucky...Where did you get it from because Ive been looking for a copy lately. And can you use the analog stick for control of the ship?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:37 am
quote : #3
I scored mine off a buy / sell forum. An individual user was selling it. I got a great deal on it, and it ended up being in solid condition. The GameCube case itself was a little nicked up, but I can replace that.

I have not tried the game using the analog stick yet. I have only played it with my PS2 arcade stick with a PS2 > GC adaptor so far.
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:10 pm
quote : #4
How does it shape up next to the DC version? Its a game I've been wanting for a while, but will prob only get it for 1 system. Now I've ordered a new DC, I'm tempted to get a Japanese copy, but money is an issue whilst I'm a student.

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:14 am:

I think I might get the cube version, it is a heck of alot cheaper! I always loved vert shoot-em ups, any1 gor under defeat for the DC.

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:06 pm:

Well got a copy for the cube today, found it in a local gamestore, in the Wii selection!

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:44 am
quote : #5
How much did you get Ikaruga for? The Dreamcast version is still the definative one to get, since it is native arcade hardware. However the GC version is cheaper, and almost as good. The DC will render the game a bit crisper.

Some differences in the GameCube version of Ikaruga include some random sound glitches, and it has some better practice modes, and some other score mode which I can't remember off the top of my head. The background music will hitch up or drop off sometimes when playing. It doesn't happen too often though. Other than that the GC version is a superb port, and if you were strapped for cash it is the smart buy to make when compared to the much more expensive Dreamcast version.
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:04 pm
quote : #6
16.99 (pounds that is), although I may still gat the DC copy in the long run. It would be great to play it on a widescreen TFT rotated via VGA.

policenaut
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:48 am
quote : #7
I got Ikaruga few days ago... Very Happy Really addictive game, at first I thought another boring shooter game, but after some time of playing I realised it's really innovative and challenging. Smile It's incredible that team with 4 members created this game.

Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:24 pm
quote : #8
me next! well truth be told, i re-purchased ikaruga and played it today and apparently, it's been at least 5 years since i played it last according to all of my saved high scores Mr. Green. the earliest date i have was 7/26/03 and it was a good high score for me. i love ikaruga but it's a difficult game Mad . really takes a lot of focus just to survive, nevermind keeping chain combos. i turned it on thinking i was gonna jump right in and take no prisoners but suddenly my gunship was being blown up at an alarming rate Laughing.

i bought this at $35 shipped, case is in good shape, disc has no scratches but it did have minimal smudging. also there is a weird wavy thing going on below the disc surface. i've had this on other games and music cds or dvds, so as far as i know it's relatively normal and thankfully doesnt interfere with gameplay.

gary_b
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:47 am
quote : #9
i seen ikaruga in gamestop the other day. they wanted 40 bucks for it. i thought that was a bit high but I'm not sure what the going rate is for the game on the cube. they also had twilight princess at $40, both games were used. this made me think both were on the high end.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:58 am
quote : #10
The standard going rate for Ikaruga used on gamecube is around 40.00. If you can't get the Dreamcast version then the best option is to try and score the GC version. As long as the GC one you saw was in good condition, 40 is a fair solid price.
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:42 am
quote : #11
about a month ago or so, i sold my copy to a friend of mine because he really enjoyed it. he was a first time ikaruga player and it was a great feeling introducing this to someone who had never played it before.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:11 am
quote : #12
Manji wrote:
about a month ago or so, i sold my copy to a friend of mine because he really enjoyed it. he was a first time ikaruga player and it was a great feeling introducing this to someone who had never played it before.

Hopefully he holds onto it, and doesn't trade it into gamestop. Mad