Page 1 of 1
Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:56 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
so how would this work exactly? you need a copy of FF:CC for each person playing, a gamecube, a gameboy player, broadband adapter, controller and ethernet cord to connect with the other consoles. is this correct? in this way, it somewhat resembles PSO then which sounds very cool (4 player dungeon crawling, treasure hunting and boss fighting). you would need a maximum of 4 tv's or LCD screen attachments, which seems quite expensive, but tons of fun no doubt! my friends are wrapped up in other games most of the time but i bet i could convince them to play if i made the effort to gather the necessary items.

has anyone else had the joy of gaming with this set-up?

Gforce
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:26 am
quote : #2
Manji wrote:
so how would this work exactly? you need a copy of FF:CC for each person playing, a gamecube, a gameboy player, broadband adapter, controller and ethernet cord to connect with the other consoles. is this correct?

...you forgot the kitchen sink.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:16 pm
quote : #3
You do not need any broadband adapters. You are connecting a GameBoy Player to the host gamecube via a GameCube to GBA link cable.

So you need 1 host gamecube connected to the primary TV, along with 2 to 4 client gamecubes outfitted with gameboy players that are connected to host gamecube with GBA to GC link cables.

It is a very ambitious gaming setup. I would shoot for a 2 player environment rather than 4.
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:12 am
quote : #4
does that mean you only need one copy of crystal chronicles?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:47 pm
quote : #5
Yes that is correct. All you need is 1 copy of Crystal Chronicles.

Here is a complete breakdown of what you would need:

1 host gamecube + Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
2-4 Client GameCubes + GameBoy Players
2-4 GBA to GC link cables connecting the GB Players on the Client cubes, to the central host GC running FF:CC
2-4 Controllers (WaveBirds or Regular Controllers)

You will need anywhere from 3-5 displays. Ideally you want the Host GC running FF:CC to be on central larger display. The Client gamecubes can either be using a 5.6 inch GameCube flipup LCD screen that you can buy, or connected to real spare TV's.
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:46 am
quote : #6
So, wait, are you meaning to say that it is possible to use Gamecubes and GameBoy Players to link multiple systems and play FF:CC on completely different television sets? That is epic. I don't quite understand though, when you're doing multiplayer, all your stuff shows up in 32 bit graphics on the GBA controller, so how does it recognize it on the big screen TV with GC graphics? Weird....I guess the data is all the same, its just interpreted differently.

Nostrus
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:34 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC
This is amazing and I totally want to set this up in my basement. Could never get everything in Crystal Chronicles back in the day because we didn't have enough players.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:38 pm
quote : #8
If you actually set this up I want to see pictures Wink Since this would be a very ambitious undertaking.