lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Sun May 10, 2009 7:32 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-26-77-5-49-en-70-1yg.html

I found this linked in a guys sig on http://s7.zetaboards.com/Rec_Room/index/ Which is site with tons of timesplitters related stuff. There are tons of maps and other things listed on the site. I pmed the guy and heres the convo.

"lazyhoboguy · Today, 6:08 AM Forward
Hey I saw you had this linked in your sig. Sounds kinda cool. I do not have timesplitters Future perfect on gc but on the ps2, but could pick it up on gc as well if this method works well. How long have you had this? and has it given you any problems? Also, where would you download the gc map files from??

admiralhowdy · Today, 6:58 AM Report Post Forward
I've had it a couple years with no problems; works for me and I use it as my main memory card. I have a few saves in the gamecube save section at gamefaqs.com, but e-mail is an option too or also attaching them in posts at the Rec Room. There used to be some saves attached at the Rec Room in various places (T.L.W.K got one, but then he must have lost interest in making maps). Anyway, his attachments disappeared along with all the map attachments last year (which I've been trying to restore). Much to my dissapointment, nobody was as thrilled by the save-sharing idea as I was, so the sharing is still primarily blueprint-making and manual reconstruction. I guess since most peolpe have the PS2 version.

lazyhoboguy · Today, 2:31 PM Forward
Hmmm.... Well i love this game a lot so will probably try this out in the future. Map blueprint sharing is cool, but is kind of a lot of work haha. This way I could at least get the maps exactly as they are supposed to be through gc and could use that to better reconstruct them on the ps2 version. I could also reconstruct my 3 ps2 maps on the gc version and send the files. But ya, I wont have my ps2 or tv for 2 weeks since I am starting the move out process from college apartments. I will be on dial up at my parents house during the summer until I find a new apartment. But after that, I will try to mess with this stuff. Thanks for the response."

It is cool to know there is another possible avenue to exchange timesplitters user maps. I posted another thread on the ps2 oc site related to this. http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3267
Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Tue May 12, 2009 4:46 pm
quote : #2
i think it would be a great thing to share maps with fellow OC members. i've created a couple in my spare time before and it's pretty good fun. i also made a topic about this a little while ago mentioning the max drive pro, but those are more expensive and not as common. this sounds like an affordable option though and i will consider getting one.

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Tue May 12, 2009 5:17 pm
quote : #3
Ah, yea I am guessing there are many different gc usb cards then. This one still cost 40 bucks which I guess is still affordable but is still an investment for me. How much do max drive pro's typically cost?

Also I wonder if files uploaded with one gc usb device like this can be downloaded with a different company's.
Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Wed May 13, 2009 5:40 am
quote : #4
lazybum wrote:
Ah, yea I am guessing there are many different gc usb cards then. This one still cost 40 bucks which I guess is still affordable but is still an investment for me. How much do max drive pro's typically cost?

i really wish i could remember Confused. the last time is saw one was on ebay several months back and i think it went for a high price. high enough that it made me think twice at least. probably more than the $40 being asked for the adaptor 64M though. also the max drive pro had additional functions working when with the gamecube. some sort of homebrew developers option or access.

lazybum wrote:
Also I wonder if files uploaded with one gc usb device like this can be downloaded with a different company's.

my guess on this would be yes.

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Wed May 13, 2009 12:24 pm
quote : #5
Yea, I wouldn't need those extra features so would probably get this one. I rarely buy the same game on more than 1 system but think I will for this one. It is probably really cheap by now too.
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat May 16, 2009 1:34 am
quote : #6
The only problem you run into here, is that while the memory card adapter exists, getting others to buy it is problematic. It is expensive. So while you might be able to get your saves from your GameCube to your PC. Not many here will be able to download them because so few people have invested the money to buy this memory card.

There is infact a way you can transfer gamecube files off of an official Nintendo GameCube memory card, with PSO using a homebrew application. Though you need the original version of PSO to do this. For which I still need to put up a guide for.
rank 10
Posted:
Sat May 16, 2009 3:02 am
quote : #7
Ah yea, that is the problem for like all the methods I have found for sharing ts maps. Many require some extra purchase which most people are not willing to do. The blueprint sharing online is probably the best way to share maps with the most people, but then it is a lot of work to reconstruct a bunch of maps from blueprints and only the really motivated/ die hards will do this. If stupid EA left the servers up a tad longer I coulda got all the maps I wanted lol.

Cool to hear about that pso way to transfer the files as well. And by the original game do you mean Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II ? or is there another one I haven't heard of.