Page 1 of 1
DMG 01
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL & NTSC-J
Hello, I am very new here, however I will hopefully be here to stay as recently I haver had such an overwhelming desire to play my gamecube and I want to get it online.

Whoever How do I actualy get to play it online, I have looked at the guide but it has left me still confused as to what I should be doing, I intend to buy a broadband adapter but only if I know what I should be doing and how I should set it up.

If someone could please give me some very simple idiot proof advice as to what I should be doing that would be absolutely fantastic.

I have Super Smash Bros. and I intend to buy lots of other games that are online as well.

toon.head85
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:41 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
as i am a newer member as well, i thought i would tell you what little i know. first off, the only games "online" right now are Homeland and PSO ep 1&2 (reg and plus). the only one offered to the public community threw this site is Homeland (PSO has a bit of exclusivity to it).

i have recently found that tunneling LAN games isn't very stable and thus has been kinda left in the wind. so it looks like the two games mentioned above are the only options for online gaming for the gamecube.

as for setting it up, when i get internet at my new appartment (sadly not until the 20th of this month) i will send ya a pm about how i set mine up in hopes to see the homeland group grow on this site.

david
Posted:
Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:18 pm
quote : #3
Yea lan tunneling does not work too great unless you are very close to the other person you are playing with. For instance, I can tunnel mariokart double dash great with a guy who lives 60 miles away, but trying with someone a few states over results in a slow motion frame rate. Also, there is no way to play super smash bros online that I know of.
DMG 01
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:27 am
quote : #4
Ok thanks for the replies, I've recently bought a spice orange gamecube and am going to get Homeland very soon aswell but I also need to track down a bba (the gamecube came with a modem but... not sure if it is usefull) I have mario kart and I would love to play that with lan, I'm in the Uk so hopefully I will find someone I can play with not to slowly.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:11 am
quote : #5
DMG 01, that is great to hear you are buying a Spice Orange GameCube and Homeland. I also have a Spice Orange cube Wink

I am working on a Beginners Guide to homeland, that covers the basics of simply connecting, playing the game, and walking around and accessing menus. I should hopefully have this finished in the next few weeks. I am wrapping up two other huge projects in addition to some ongoing OC sitework. I pretty much run everything you see here at OC, so I usually have a lot on my plate.

If you guys manage to start Homeland offline to get familiar with it, feel free to post in the Homeland forum. A recent user named "Cosmonaut" has been posting there and already knows a lot about the games offline single player.

I will have much more information up on the site covering the various subjects regarding to getting online with the Nintendo GameCube. But for right now as it stands the LAN games are really local area network only in your house, or if you find someone that lives very very close to you. To play PSO here at OC requires special access requirements which you can read all about here:

http://gamecube.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/psoaccess.php

So with Homeland being the primary publically available game to play online game here, picking up a Japanese GameCube, a BBA and Homeland is the way to go.
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:36 am
quote : #6
OK thanks that guide sounds fantastic, I can't wait to get all this stuff and get playing, just a quick question are the broadband adapters region specific, as pal one seems to be alot more expensive than others I have seen? and I don't want to get one that doesn't work with my gamecubes.

MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:57 pm
quote : #7
The broadband adapters work with all consoles. Also, there is another British poster here who, incidentally, was asking for other people in the United Kingdom to play some Mario Kart games with him a few months ago, (His name is Blast.) Try organizing a game with him, sometime.