Page 1 of 1
Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:18 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
hey i was wondering if i got a new Gamecube, could i still access the server as long as i'm using my same game disc, memory card and character?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:38 am
quote : #2
The Serial Number and Access key, as well as your character data is not tied in anyway to the console you played it on. So you can simply take your memory card and game, and plug them into another GameCube.

However the one thing the gamesave is tied to is the region of the console. So you would have to use your PSO save in the same region mode in which it was originally created. This will work on a native console for the region or a console with a region mod applied.

US save has to be used in US mode, and like wise for JP etc etc. So if you have a PSO save created on a US console, you can't use that on a Japanese gamecube unless that system has a region mode applied so you can switch it to US and back to JP.
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:42 pm
quote : #3
cool, thanks for the help. i was looking at getting another gamecube so i wanted to make sure everything would be compatible if i wanted to plug it up and play.