Page 1 of 1
Joy
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:19 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Hi, I bought a BBA on Amazon.co.uk and the guy sent me the wrong one, so I'm stuck with a Modem till I can fork out 60 quid or find a cheap one somewhere.

Anyways.

I wanna know if there's a way I can set it up to my PC and use my PC's connection with the Gamecube's modem so I can still play online?

Anyone know? I'd appreciate the help ^^

Athronox
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:54 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Howdy there Joy.

Well, It depends on what you're wanting to play. I believe PSO supports Modems, but I'm not entirely sure. However, if you're looking to play LAN games online, I'm afraid you're out of luck in that department as they only utilize the BBA.

That being said, there is good news. You can still buy brand new, unopened BBAs online in the Nintendo Store, just go here: http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchView?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&langId= -1&currency=USD&ignoreCrumbs=&crumb1=&crumb1Ignore=&crumb2=&crumb2Ignore=&crumb3=&crumb3Ignore=&tran slateFrom=%C3%88%C3%89%C3%87&translateTo=EEC&usrSearchText=broadband&searchText=BROADBAND&selSrchTyp e=&page=&view=&productId=&categoryId=&lastAction=&orderTotal=null&tranId=0&jktranid=&rpComment=&drop Off=&userSearchText=broadband&bnSubmit.x=0&bnSubmit.y=0

It's $34.95, but trust me, it is worth it. Though there aren't many games supported online, the ones that you do have access to are great fun in my opinion. My advice would just be to tell the guy you want a refund, and purchase one off of the nintendo online store because it is going to be a lot cheaper and a lot more reliable.

Joy
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:22 pm
quote : #3
Thanks for the link, but do American BBA's work in PAL-UK Consoles?

If they do then perfect, I may be able to get one from the shop.
Not a bad price when it's worked out in GBP.

Athronox
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:11 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Indeed they do. So you're in luck.

Joy
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:22 pm
quote : #5
Fantastic! Smile

I'm interested in playing some games online, like tunneling Tunneling MKDD.

DMG 01
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:49 pm
quote : #6
Type: PAL & NTSC-J
Great to see someone new, I notice you have a pal console so by any6 chance are you in the UK if so we could tunnel together when you get everything set up.

Joy
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:38 am
quote : #7
DMG 01 wrote:
Great to see someone new, I notice you have a pal console so by any6 chance are you in the UK if so we could tunnel together when you get everything set up.

I am in the UK, I'd be more than happy to.

I've got to get a bit more money first, the BBA is bit more money than I currently have at the moment so I'm going to have to wait a bit, but I'll work something out.

When everything's set up I'll be happy to play lol.

DMG 01
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:11 pm
quote : #8
Type: PAL & NTSC-J
Ok that's great on there was on amazon a used one going for £18 a while ago, I myself got a boxed one a few days ago from ebay for £24 so it pays to look around.

Also if you need any help getting things set up I will be happy to help you.

Joy
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:10 pm
quote : #9
That used one is the one I bought Razz

It was wrongly listed as a BBA xD

It was a Modem Sad

Cary
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:03 am
quote : #10
Hey there guys,
I've joined this site as of today but have had a GC since 2003! I'm really interested in getting some tunneling games together with a few guys from the UK (due to the slow frame rates i've heard about). I have Mario Kart DD and Kirby Air Ride, would be awesome if any of you wanted to play some games soon! My Broadband adaptor should be arriving in a few days, would appreciate any tips on what the best software is? XLink-Kai? Warp Pipe?
Thanks for your help Smile
Kind Regards Very Happy