Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:47 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I am trying to figure out how to setup all my consoles here and ran into a problem for my gamecube. The most convenient and safe spot (a spot not on the floor or somewhere it can fall to its death) for my gamecube is a few feet too far away for the composite video/audio cables to reach my tv. I was wondering if I bought a composite video/audio exention chord if it would make the video and audio quality worse on my tv? Something like this http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-29325-Velocity-Extension/dp/B0002J2CJG/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=electro nics&qid=1265380867&sr=8-10 where the gc audio/video jacks would plug into one female end of the chord and the other male end of the cord would reach my tv.
DMG 01
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:14 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL & NTSC-J
I would assume that maybe a slight loss of quality, but none that you could reconise unless you looked very hard alot, you might want to consider a composite cable, there expensive but to have vastly impoved picture quality.

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:58 pm
quote : #3
I am guessing you meant component instead of composite? Well, I just checked on amazon, and it looks like a used component cable would cost at least 120 dollars. Wow. Too bad my tv does not have svideo. I will just go with that composite extenstion wire or a composite coupler for now.
Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:18 pm
quote : #4
yea i would agree there might be a very slight loss in quality but composite isn't all that great to begin with, so i doubt it would be very noticeable. i use either composite or s-video, depending on which television my gamecube can be connected to at the time.

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:30 pm
quote : #5
Yea the cable arrived, and I notice no lowering in the video our audio quality. I thought this cable was crap at first though since the video signal from the GC kept randomly cutting out on my tv. I then plugged the GC video out directly into my composite switch box and the same thing happened so I knew it wasn't the extension wire. Then I plugged the GC video out directly into the tv and the same thing happend. So, it wasn't my swithbox either. My actual GC composite cable is dying apparently. Luckily I have 3 or 4 spare ones I have picked up at thrift stores over the past couple years.