Previous  1, 2, 3
Mixwizzard
rank 4
Posted:
Mon May 03, 2010 4:50 pm
quote : #31
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
This is like my 10th time playing the game and the first time I'm actually going to beat it. Smile

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue May 04, 2010 4:09 pm
quote : #32
Ah, well enjoy it. I have beaten this game 2 times so far. One on Normal mode and another one Hard mode. I recommend headphones/good speakers, all alone, lights out, door closed. Smile

I am planning to play the game again soon, where I increase the difficulty level by purposefully avoiding an energy tank per completion. So I will not pick up one energy take for one run, and then not pick up a tank again on the next run. So it will get progressively harder and harder each play through.
rank 4
Posted:
Wed May 05, 2010 9:42 am
quote : #33
Cool, good luck.
Also, do you have the 2-disc demo game that had a 2nd disc with Concept art, info on metroid games before Prime, Metroid prime 2s E3 (I think) and lastly prime 2s demo?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu May 06, 2010 9:12 am
quote : #34
Yes I have the original release as well as the release that came with the Metroid Prime 2 demo. It was only included in the Metroid Prime GC Bundle. It is a pretty sweet little disc.

Also, there are differences between all of the Metroid Prime releases. Fixes were made between the original release and the Players Choice release, and then between regions. (I also have the Japanese release) These fixes really only impact speed runs though. They are super minor.
rank 4
Posted:
Thu May 06, 2010 9:34 am
quote : #35
Really? Huh.

Dalore
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:40 am
quote : #36
Excellent game, I still prefer the original to it's sequels. It is a great example of what the gamecube could do, and I prefer its exploration and discovery theme over a FPS any day. Out of interest has anyone tried the Wii trilogy set, with the new control scheme?

samusaran253
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:54 pm
quote : #37
I haven't even beat the first one yet lol

Philj5
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:00 am
quote : #38
Just started a new game again. Think i'm going to try to get 100% of the scan list. I came so close one time before but I missed a monster that appear only in one or two places and after you kill one of the bosses and progress the story they go away. It was the only thing I need for 100%

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:35 am
quote : #39
How do you really get 100% without either using a guide, or creating your own scan journal to follow in subsequent play throughs?

I tried my best to get 100% scans and I think I was at 98%. Even if i tried again, I bet I would miss 1 or 2 enemies. If I went back, focusing on trying to scan those 2 things I could easily miss 2 others that I scaned before. Especially since some are only in boss battles.
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:08 pm
quote : #40
yeah its definitely tough. I think it was on my 4th or 5th play through that i almost had it. I remember on my second platythrough i started writing down some of the ones that I thought i would forget so when i started again id have at least some on a list to remind me.

When i got to the last playthrough i had a pretty good list to go by. Sometimes when I got to a boss id end up getting into the fight and completely forgot about scanning, I would just reset the game and fight again. It was a lot of work and really fun, its a shame i never got it but we'll see what the future holds Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:06 am
quote : #41
Hmm, I need to determine whether I want to look up some of the impossible ones in a guide first, or try and do 100% scan freestyle. Its almost as if you would have to do every boss battle twice, scanning the entire area during a first run just to make sure you got everything.