Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
dj veeman
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:11 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
hello

i have been checking out the dreamcast online scene and found the online consoles site
i saw the gamecube section and wanted to see what info it had
i look on the first page and i see "A serious discussion on Control Sim"
its great to know that info on control sim is floating around and i hope that with your help here at online consoles control sim can continue to grow and attract more gamers
i was one of the first beta testers for this program and seeing a new version come out every few weeks was definatly exciting
it started with sonic adventure 2 battle but now with the current build of control sim super smash brothers melee is finally playable online but there are only 8 people who have control sim working and able to play Mad so we need more people
any help you could offer to get the word out on smash brothers online will help
i will try to help also by showing gamers how to set up control sim

osx089
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:02 am
quote : #17
i would be more then willing to help out... i see great potential for this project in bringing a greater audience to the gamecube... my only question is, is there a build for mac's?
DS-Advanced Wars 2, Feel The Magic
eMac- World of Warcraft
Nico0020
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:48 pm
quote : #18
myself and my best friend would be mroe than happy to jump on this bandwagon. but it just depends on how user friendly the softwear is right now. A side problem is that I never did but SSB for GC in that i didnt care too much for it. But if this gets popular ill be sure to pick up a copy and get another friend to pick it up again. games I would be willing to put ALOT of time and effort into would be FF:CC, Zelda Four swords, any of the worms games. cant think of others right now. but i want to wait for the softwear to build a little bit more.
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:35 pm
quote : #19
setting control sim up is unfortunately not easy

i pmed nikon im hoping to hear from him soon

im hoping to get a tutorial that will be beneficial to all the users interested in this project

im trying to see if i can get a video tutorial working that would really help you guys out

hopefully i will hear from nikon soon if anybody has any questions feel free to contact me on aim and msn Razz

aim: dj veeman
msn: djveeman@hotmail.com

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:20 am
quote : #20
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea sory for not getting back to you right away dj veeman. I am actually planning to sit back and wait it out. I have done so much research with Dreamcast Online, that I look forward to sitting back and letting some other people do all the work on this one. Control Sim will most likely continue to evolve. The people working on it now will work out all of the bugs eventually and it will become more and more functional.

If I sat down right now and tried to test it all out and got it working, I would simply be educating myself on how the process works right now. In a few more builds the process will most likely get easier rendering whatever time I spent now some what of a waste.

I have looked over the threads at the gcars / control sim forum and can gauge how far along the project is. I am technologically capable of setting it up, both in terms of hardware and knowhow. But since the project is not far along yet for public use yet, I am not going to mess with it just yet.
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:00 pm
quote : #21
yeah thats cool

the program needs a server client
fuzziqer the creator of gcars is working on it
once thats done i think that will be it
Razz

mcmonkey
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:57 am
quote : #22
were'nt x-link going to do sumthin with this?(i kno they didnt create this but i remember reading it sumwhere)

dj veeman
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:53 pm
quote : #23
they were going to support gcars by allowing you to use xlink to connect to other players
i dont think it works yet though

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:29 pm
quote : #24
Nikon that link isn't working anymore or at least it isn't working for me.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:15 pm
quote : #25
yea its not working for anyone, site is dead
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:27 pm
quote : #26
Hopefully geist and ff:cc and mario kart and air ride will work and all of my other games

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:32 pm
quote : #27
Hey everyone, I tracked down the developers homepage as well as new forums that were recently put up.

Here are the links:

http://www.geocities.com/fuzziqer_software/

http://fuzziqer.10.forumer.com/

Smile
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:45 pm
quote : #28
Do you need to have an action replay to connect to control sim?
Cause if so ill buy 1

U-235
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:07 am
quote : #29
How do you think this would work over dialup? I assume I'd have to get a BBA and ICS with my PC for this to work. Would all of that controller data be too much for a 56k connection? I'd really like to try this out with Soul Calibur II.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:26 am
quote : #30
I think it only works good for broadband. The software hasnt improved much recently and is still in very early stages. It is not user friendly and only supports a handfull of games.