Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lanzarlaluna
rank 5
Posted:
Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:24 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
So I decided to start a new game of Metroid Prime last night on Hard Mode, which is available after the first time through. Well, I got the new Memory Card 1019 and transferred all my saves over. In the process, I think I deleted the wrong Metroid Prime save. I had one on my Memory Card 251 and on my Memory Card 59. Turns out the one on the 59 was my completed save. I deleted that one and transerred over the other one. WRONG CHOICE. Sad

SOOOOOOO, now I have to beat the game on Normal Mode once again, and then play it through on Hard. Now, this isn't totally a bad thing because MP is such a great game, but I really wanted to tackle Hard Mode now. I guess I'll end up beating it on Normal Mode again, and then wait for the urge to tackle Hard Mode.

That's what I get for not being careful....

EDIT: I decided to do a speed run-through. By getting the Space Jump Boots early you can beat the game in a few hours.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:04 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
So where are you at now? Into Hard Mode yet?

I started a new save on Metroid Prime 2 on hard mode....but i got all side tracked. probobly going to start it over again hehe.
rank 5
Posted:
Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:17 pm
quote : #3
Yeah, I did the early space jump boot method. Although it wasn't as fast as it should have been, it was like an 8 hour game or so. I've put the game away for now. I'll probably bust it out to start a hard mode save in a few months. After beating it on normal...AGAIN...I didn't feel like turning right around and doing hard mode. hehe

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:05 pm
quote : #4
I have metriod prime 1 had it for a while I"m I"m stuck pretty early on in the game against some boss.I started it up to show my friend the graphics of the game and I havta say I was amazed all over again.And this is metroid prime 1 ! Laughing

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:10 pm
quote : #5
gRiMgRaVy014 wrote:
I have metriod prime 1 had it for a while I"m I"m stuck pretty early on in the game against some boss.I started it up to show my friend the graphics of the game and I havta say I was amazed all over again.And this is metroid prime 1 ! Laughing

Do not get discouraged. If you are stuck, either do one of 2 things.

1.) Take a break and come back to it later

or

2.) Play it a few times without the intent to win. Switch visors, try new things, and new weapon attacks to see if you can pinpoint its weakness. (Do not spoil the game using guides.)

Also be sure to scan the boss and read its full description! It often lists specific weakness points.

---

As for the graphics. Metroid Prime 1 & 2 are the most impressive games I have ever played. In terms of the music, gameplay, gamedesign, and graphics. They match my personal interests in every single way, and are my favorite video games ever.

The graphics in these games are completly insane. Not just because of the first impression, but because of its subtle nuances. The plants, the trees, the structures, the environments are all created with such meticulious care. Everything looks like it was pieced together so carefully. The detail is astonishing.

Here are the next 2 most important things that make these games look so good: For starters the games graphics and textures are not done realistically. They are done with STYLE! Extremly important! If you zoom in close you can see the textures are done in an artistic way. The plants and structures are all very creative and are not designed to mimic real world objects. Personally I don't want to play games that are just like real life. I want to play games to escape. Games that can suck me into a whole new universe.

The next feature that makes these games so great, and I just realised this yesterday while playing Prime 2: Neither of these games use LIGHTBLOOM. Sure they use a very well done brightness and lens flare when staring into certain light sources, such as a sun or bright lights. However Retro Studios doesn't use lightbloom as a cheap copout to make the game seem more realistic. I goddamn hate lightbloom. It turns a game into a blurry goddamn mess. I praise the heavens that Retro was able to stay away from lightbloom.

There really are no other games out there that are this detailed. To top it all off, notice that Metroid Prime 1 & 2's framerate is absolutly FLAWLESS.

It will be hard for any other developer on any system including next gen to top the level of detail this game has.

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 are games that you can show people years down the road, well into next generation, and they will have a puzzled look on their face as they see how insane this game looks. This is just like pulling out the Dreamcast now and showing people F355 Challenge, Shenmue, or Outtrigger.
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:30 pm
quote : #6
what i like about the prime games is the subtlety of the graphics. It doesnt look as if its just been done to amaze people but just realy to do the job that was needed to be done for a game of this type (tbh tho i prefer the graphics of the first, dont kno why just do)