lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:03 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://gc.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=5832

GC Advanced is reporting new GC bundles. One of which is a Geist bundle.

I find it interesting that Nintendo is really the only console company still pushing bundled games with their console. Yea the GC didn't debut with a bundled game, however for the last 2 years Nintendo has been creating these sweet new bundles.

It really is refreshing to see a company still doing this. It takes me back to the 16-bit days when you could just go to the store and buy 1 box, get a game, a controller, and a console. Everything you need for one price.

Personally I think the Geist bundle is a HELL of a deal. Also might I add for anyone looking to buy a second gamecube to set up their own home gamecube LAN, these bundles are really great opportunities.

I personally do not own Geist yet, and since I value that game at a full 49.99, that bundle is looking very very enticing to me.
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:31 pm
quote : #2
I wish nintendo did the MGS:TS bundle that they had in Japan, i think you get a couple of posters with it and the original metal gear for the GC. I think nintendo have given up on the GC in europe as they seem to have stoped advertising GC's and mainly seem to be focusing on the DS.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:24 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea I would have liked to have had that MGS:TS bundle.

Ironically the Double Dash bundle a while back would have been the most logical purchase. However I don't think I really gravitated to that one so much because I already owned double dash and a gamecube....so it was like buying all duplicates.

I guess the idea of getting a new bundle, with a game I don't own yet, and then picking up a spare of double dash for 20 bucks....seems a bit more desirable for me.

I bet Nintendo of Europe will have some holiday specials planned for europe as well. Just have to wait and see.
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:33 am
quote : #4
i think you can still get the double dash bundle over here and i think it comes with the zelda collectors edition disc aswell (but from what ive been told its actualy in like a two disc gc box with mario cart which is cool).

lordnikon wrote:
I bet Nintendo of Europe will have some holiday specials planned for europe as well. Just have to wait and see.

i doubt it, nintendo europe dont like christmas or europe or people getting games when they are suposed to.

charmed_699
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:05 pm
quote : #5
Ah ah quite amusing thing about how i got my gamecube I got it bundled with lugis mansion inside it .
There was also the mario kart bundle as well but that was double the moeny so that I got the 1 first one lol.
It was really usefull to have that first game since I dont realy have any others , but wish I had a memory card too , because it sucks everytime that scary ghoul kills me i got to start from beginning.
I guess if they make cheaper bundles then yeah they can really be popular and really usefull , just like the one i got .Smile