Topic: xlink account please

Page 1 of 1
Nico0020
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:00 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
My friend and I both have BBAs and kirby air ride and we are dieing to play on the net. Only problem is he cant set up an xlink account as the site is sort of down. So does anyone have a xlink account that they dont plan on using for a bit and would be willing to let me use please. I wont be changing the password or anything and it will be left intact. Please PM me if you can help me with this.
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:56 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Nico, try using what we use at the PS2 site for tunneling. Its called GIT, aka Gamers Internet Tunnel. It's primary use is for PC games, but we got introduced to it because people started using it for TimeSplitters 2.

Here is the guide:
http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/cms_view_article.php?aid=19

You and your friend have to be on the same subnet. meaning both your routers must be using the same ip subnet. For instance I use 192.168.1.x, so whoever I play with would need the same. Which can be adjusted in the router settings very easily.

All you have to do is forward port 213 in your router to your PC. Then make sure you have the right ports forwarded for kirby air ride in the forward which TCP/IP ports box.

Then in the advanced config you will most likely have to try turning off or on various check boxes until you get it to work.

I'm not sure what your level of networking expertise is, so you will either find this very easy or, too complicated.

Eventually once I get kirby, I can take all the LAN games and write up the proper GIT configs needed to tunnel them.

Anyways if you guys are really dying to try, you can tinker with GIT. If its out of your league to troubleshoot with GIT until you get it to work, then I guess wait for XLink site to start working again.