1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:27 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
So the GameCube is nearing the end of its lifecycle in the market place. Personally I am becoming a bit of a GameCube junkie. It is definatly my favorite piece of hardware from Nintendo, and I am almost getting as into the Cube as I am with the Dreamcast. Notice I stressed almost. Do you feel 2 years from now you will still be into the gamecube and tracking down gamecube games?

(If your just going to reply with, "yea because the revolution can play GC games"....don't answer)

I feel the GameCube's hardware design is cooler than any other console. I really mean it.....COOLER! The consoles design has all of the components in the center of the machine, with central air moving through the middle. It's design is GENIUS! It keeps the machine very chill.

The console is small and portable. It has 4 controller ports. Also an official memory card that adds tons more space. The discs are very tiny, and the loading times are almost non-existant. The flip top design lets you drop games in and out with ease. And don't you just love the feeling of putting them game into the system? It kind of squishes in. Lets not forget the handy button it has to pop the disc out. Other systems you have to pull the disc free from the spindle, or they have a dredded tray design.

The memory card management screen is probobly my favorite from any console I have ever used. Its got that light ambience in the background and all of the saves have these little 3D cubes.

Most importantly there are so many original exlusive titles that were released for the system. Which I won't get into listing because it could take forever.

I almost wish Nintendo's next console would be exactly like the GameCube in everyway in terms of its interface and hardware design. If I were to build my own game console, it would be pretty darn with the GameCube's design.

The only gripe I have with the system, is that the BBA / Modems don't secure into the base of the machine very well. They sort of are attached but feel a bit loose.

So do you think you'll still be playing, buying, tinkering, and talking about the GameCube as time goes on?

I know I will. In-fact over the next 2 years my GameCube collection will be swelling in size. I have a ton of games to buy.
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:12 pm
quote : #2
Oh my god here comes another generation of consoles already !
I know I will be playing a lot of gamecube because I only ever played one game so far and thats luigi's mansion , so for me the almighty cube experience has just begun Smile.
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:04 pm
quote : #3
The gamecube was the first "Next Gen" system i got (not including DC) so it holds a special place in my heart. I have never been to fond of the console itself, but untill i held a 360 controller, i swore no one could top the GCN controller. It is the PERFECT controller for platform games like mario. It also works well for racing games i think.

About the games, i doubt in 2 years ill be hunting down GCN games, because i plan to have all of the ones i want by about fall of 06 (Rev. launch) And even though the Rev. will be able to play GCN games, ill probobley still drag out my GCN to play them because nothing can top playing a game on the system it was designed for.
gRiMgRaVy014
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:21 pm
quote : #4
Personally I don't want this generation to come to and end! There are so many games out on all systems that people haven't played! Alot of kids in my grade think that GTA :SA is the "holy grail" of video games or halo 1/2.I mean i liek these games and all but you can find a game just as good on another system that noone has heard of.I really liked this generation of consoles starting with the DC.It was a great time of my life for me (and I'm only 13! Razz ) I have so many memmories its unimagineable.I will let one out My friend had soul calibur for his DC and Sophitia or however you spelled it looked just like this girl I had a massive crush on and I would play the game just to see the pic. Well thats all I havto say now. Razz

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:15 pm
quote : #5
One extra ultra important thing I need to tell you all(some of you might already know). If you own a GameCube with a digital out port. HOLD ONTO IT! If you want to be able to run games like Metroid Prime and PSO in Progressive Scan 480p, the only way you will be able to do that is via the gamecube you currently own! Nintendo took out the digital out port on their newer gamecube models, and the Revolution will not be supporting HD. Check to see if your GameCube has a digital out port in the back.

gRiMgRaVy014: one of the positive notes about the NextGen coming along, it means GameCube hardware and the games ( as well as other consoles ), will drop in price. So over the course of the next few years, it is perfect timing! if you ever regret not being around when the Dreamcast was being axed from the retail market....BE PREPAIRED! Because for all current gen systems the next few years means massive price slashing and inventory sales to make room for next gen.

This means you can take an average sum of money and go on preverbial shopping sprees.

You could buy 1 NextGen game, or 7 current gen games.

Also this thread is more of a preperatory thread more than anything. In terms of the gamecube, releases are going to be continuing well into next year. We still have Odama and of course Zelda to look forward to. Plus Chaos Field launches in the US on GameCube by the end of the year I believe Wink

I wouldn't worry too much about next generation stuff. Sit back and enjoy building up a gamecube library if you so desire. This is actually going to be one of my primary goals and I will be purchasing tons ot gamecube games. Personally I'm still into this generation, and will be so for a while.

(P.S. - Look out for a game called Cubivore, somewhat rare title, unheard of, super cool game. Hope to be picking it up very soon.)
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:17 am
quote : #6
i could see myself playing my GC for a good couple of years to come (if its anything like what happened to me and my N64 Damn you perfect dark!!) i may have to buy another GC tho as the disc lid seems to strugle staying closed so at the moment im having to put a shoe on top of it to keep it closed.
there is still quite a lot of games i need to get for the GC (like F zero) so im gunna have to save up. i have no interest in playing games in HD with my GC as i dont have a HD TV and i dont think i'll be getting one anytime soon either.

lordnikon wrote:
(P.S. - Look out for a game called Cubivore, somewhat rare title, unheard of, super cool game. Hope to be picking it up very soon.)

cubivore was never released in europe due to its bad sales in the US, i think it only sold like 500 copies.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:24 am
quote : #7
Yea mcmonkey, I hear you on the HD stuff. I'm actually more concerned about getting my genesis modded for S-Video haha Very Happy

I should also point out that eventually GameCube's could get modded for component video out. I mean, they are doing it with the NeoGeo for christ sake. Sorry I didn't remember this before hehe.

F-Zero GX is highly recommended. Developed by Nintendo and Sega's Amusement Vision (Daytona, Shining Force, Spike Out, Monkey Ball, etc etc), it is an amazing game. I'm still a slave to the ExtremeG series though lol, even though my passions for F-Zero and Wipeout (mainly 3) have increased in recent months. F-Zero could make you both excited and depressed(in a good way i guess). The game has everything you would expect from a Sega arcade game, including the over the top announcer. Honestly you will boot this game up and nearly get a tear to your eye thinking *sniffle* "gosh i love you sega". Since sega's arcade divisions are not where they once were, you will get the feeling that soon you might not see games like this anymore. Seriously, F-Zero makes other racing games boring. Even the menus are exciting. And the way the rankings fly in and the FINISH!!!! Thats one of the things I always liked about sega and arcade games in general. The overkill....I LOVE IT!

As for cubivore, it had extremly poor distribution, plus it is a very very wierd game. I sort of consider it to be the "seaman" of the gamecube.
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:50 am
quote : #8
does F zero have cheesey music? if it does its a definite buy for me Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:41 am
quote : #9
mcmonkey wrote:

If you have played Super Monkey Ball or Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, then you will get a taste of what this game sounds like. The Menu System is very very similar in style to VF4:Evo's. The music overall is very Sega. With your typical rock fused tunes. The guitar solos are there!, just only in certain tracks. The tracks overall are dominated by Techno breaks and the classic TB-303 sound throughout.
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:46 pm
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
mcmonkey wrote:

If you have played Super Monkey Ball or Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, then you will get a taste of what this game sounds like. The Menu System is very very similar in style to VF4:Evo's. The music overall is very Sega. With your typical rock fused tunes. The guitar solos are there!, just only in certain tracks. The tracks overall are dominated by Techno breaks and the classic TB-303 sound throughout.

this game is mine Twisted Evil

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:50 pm
quote : #11
I'm hoping to be able to pick up a new GC sometime in the near future, since my current one isn't reading disks all too good...Maybe I can pick up another BBA for cheap? Wishful thinking.

GC has been my favourite console, I never owned a DC and barely ever played it until the last year or so, and I regret not getting one, wasted childhood I suppose. Even if I do get a Revolution, if my GC still works, I can see me playing GC titles on my GC until it croaks. And yeah, places will be busy selling current gen games, uber cheap. It's great the Revolution isn't being released soon, cause I really don't have the money for games for awhile, and the thought of $50+ games going down to $20- is just too good.

GC is far from dead.
Posted:
Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:54 pm
quote : #12
GC games have already gone cheap over here (along with other consoles) 4 games for 20 pounds!! bargain me thinks.

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:00 pm
quote : #13
Yes GC games have gotten cheaper where I live as well. Cool

Nico0020
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:47 pm
quote : #14
I got a GC just for PSO about 2 years ago i think. I was very pissed that i paid 100 bucks for the system and couldnt find any just great games for the price. but now with games going down in price ive realized that nintendo has done great with this system when it comes to multiplayer.
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:17 am
quote : #15
Yes ths GC has great multiplayer gamesI usually play it everytime a friend comes over.