MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:11 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
RadioSpade wrote:
Well, I'm in the market for some Component Cables. Unfortunately, seem's like they're had to find lower than $50-$60. Now, I bought a VGA adapter for my DC for 50 dollars, when suddenly, VGA's pop up and start selling for $20.

According to Murphy's Law, if I pay $50 for component cables, they're going to immediately drop to $20.

Does anyone know any loopholes around Murphy's Law? (or a place to get cheaper component cables? Cool )

Well, you could try building your own Gamecube component cable, out of paper clips, tin foil, cardboard, solder, copper wiring, spare RCA jacks, and other such materials. Wiring diagram, from a site that elph showed me. I think you'd need some capacitors, too, but I'm not sure which kinds, or where you'd wire them in. I might try lookingup that info later.

elph
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:35 pm
quote : #17
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
RadioSpade wrote:
Well, I'm in the market for some Component Cables. Unfortunately, seem's like they're had to find lower than $50-$60. Now, I bought a VGA adapter for my DC for 50 dollars, when suddenly, VGA's pop up and start selling for $20.

According to Murphy's Law, if I pay $50 for component cables, they're going to immediately drop to $20.

Does anyone know any loopholes around Murphy's Law? (or a place to get cheaper component cables? Cool )

No, but if you can drop the price like that, I'd pay $5 toward your cables after the fact Very Happy