Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:34 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I hate to say it, but I keep hearing a lot of noise being passed on that Zelda will launch with the revolution. What's everyone's opinion? I just hate it that there's rumors about this. The people at Nintendo done this before, with Eternal Darkness and Animal Crossing being passed on from the N64 to the Cube. I hope history doesn't repeat itself, since the Zelda games are kick ass.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:14 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
There is no need for opinions. Nintendo already confirmed that the game is coming to the Nintendo GameCube, and not the revolution.

"It's coming out in the fall, it's coming out on GameCube," said Fils-Aime. "There's been a lot of speculation. People have been saying that we're holding it back or that it's gonna be launched just on Revolution. Tell your people 'Not true,' it's gonna be out on GameCube, it's gonna be out in the fall." -GameSpot

Twilight Princess will end up being the icing on the cake to send the GameCube out with a bang. For a console that was brimming with original titles and quality first party games, Zelda Twilight Princess is the perfect release to cap off the GameCube.
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:43 pm
quote : #3
The chances of Zelda being released are 1 to 1. It will be released. It will be a Gamecube title. HOWEVER! It will also most likely sell a shitload of Revolutions. It's being released right around the same time the Rev is. The Rev can play Gamecube games and use Gamecube controllers and memory cards. Personally, I think it's a ploy to sell Revolutions, and personally, I hope it works Razz The Gamecube didn't have a Zelda title at launch. The Rev technically, however, will. People will ask themselves "Gamecube or Revolution? I can get a cheap-ass Gamecube for Zelda... Or I can get the Revolution, which is still cheaper than the other next gen consoles, for Zelda AND a ton of new games that will be coming out in the future.."

I know I'll have practically no use for my two Gamecubes after the Rev comes out. I still have games I need to beat on the Gamecube, and the Rev will let me do that after I move out for college. I can take some games and my Wavebird and memory card with me, buy a Rev, and play some amazing games from both this generation, and the next (as well as three generations before hand, but that's beside the point).

I agree wholeheartedly with Nikon, as well. Twilight Princess will be THE title that sums up Nintendo's efforts with this system. They have put so much into it, and it shows (well, with first party games, anyway.. the third party support will hopefully get better with the Rev).
Posted:
Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:59 pm
quote : #4
Oh contrare Satoshi! If you own a GameCube and a Broadband adaptor, then you might want to hold onto it.

The Revolution will not only be a way for people to get their Next Gen fix, but it can also fill the gap for GameCube network users by giving them the extra hardware needed to setup a proper LAN with the 3 GC LAN games. So you can rock some Mario Kart Double Dash LAN style with your existing Cube + BBA, and a Revolution. (that is if you are into that sort of thing)
unknown
Posted:
Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:20 pm
quote : #5
Boy, is that what I think I heard? You can hook up the Cube and Revolution to play games for the Cube? If you can network these two consoles, that would definitely be a kick ass statement... Not only that, but I would think that would be a first, being able to hook up a new console and a older console to play games for the older console.

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:32 pm
quote : #6
stonefreeze wrote:
Not only that, but I would think that would be a first, being able to hook up a new console and a older console to play games for the older console.

You can do that now with an Xbox and Xbox 360 (provided your playing a game that is backwards compatible), but it's a moot point. It would rock to do that with GC and Rev. though.

Honestly, Zelda games do absolutely nothing for me. I can appreciate them as quality games, but on a personal level, cannot really dig them. I've played just about every Zelda, and the only one I even remotely got into was Wind Waker. It'll be a nice send-off for the GameCube though, and hope that those into the series enjoy it. I'll be waiting patiently for a Metroid Prime 3 on the Rev. (I still have to get Echoes, heh!)

-Mytho

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:33 pm
quote : #7
TheMytho, well there is always Odama and Baiten Kaitos 2 that could be your last hurrah for the cube :]

I am probobly going to be getting Twilight Princess. However I am behind on the Zelda franchise, and have not played it since Zelda and LINK on the NES. So i plan on catching up on the N64 versions, then playing Wind Waker, then playing Twilight Princess.

I am in this same pickle with the Resident Evil franchise. I own RE1, RE0, RE Code Veronica (as well as X), and RE4. I have not played them yet. A few years ago I watched a friend play through a lot of RE1. Other than that I have all of these titles just sitting here waiting to be played. That is the brilliance of it all though. They are good experiences waiting to happen. Smile (as you can see, I am in no rush to blow through my games)
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:25 pm
quote : #8
lordnikon wrote:
TheMytho, well there is always Odama

I haven't heard much about that one since last E3, but it was pretty darn intriguing. Sounds like something to keep my eye on.

-Mytho

stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:37 pm
quote : #9
It's quiet funny. There's so many Zelda games out for the cube. Does anyone seriously have a total count? Nikon, you have been slacking with RE. I loved the remake, while I though Zero was alright.

Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:57 am
quote : #10
I am so looking forward to playing this game! Revolution specific features will be cool, but if the Revolution doesn't run in progressive scan, could the game look better on gamecube? Just some thoughts. I know for sure though, whatever system Im playing it on, I will be happy. - unless its xbox, lol I am 99% sure it will come out for GCN. If it doesn't I would be shocked.

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:15 pm
quote : #11
Nine wrote:
I am so looking forward to playing this game! Revolution specific features will be cool, but if the Revolution doesn't run in progressive scan, could the game look better on gamecube? Just some thoughts. I know for sure though, whatever system Im playing it on, I will be happy. - unless its xbox, lol I am 99% sure it will come out for GCN. If it doesn't I would be shocked.

I think I've said this before, but Revolution DOES HAVE PROGRESSIVE SCAN. It just doesn't have any higher resolution features (i.e. 720i/p and 1080i/p).

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:14 pm
quote : #12
I have to say that me being one of the ex-GC owners and still having kick-ass games I know that Rev is a must if we want to play Zelda...why? Because I wouldn't buy another GC just to play one game when I could get the new system and play old games on it. I think someone pointed this out before but i just wanted to give my opinion on the subject...lol