Topic: PSO Plus GBA Mini Games

Page 1 of 1
Kegluneq
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:13 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I currently own the PAL version of PSO and was wondering if the GBA mini games are obtained in the same way in PSO Plus.

At the moment the only way I can get the GBA mini games is by completing "The Dream Messenger" or visiting "Gallon's Shop" online to collect the items to unlock the GBA games "NiGHTS Score Attack" and “Puyo Pop" and was wondering if this is still the same way to unlock the GBA mini games in PSO Plus as I really enjoy "The Dream Messenger" quest.

Also regarding the differences with PAL and NTSC versions, is it possible to transfer items online between the 2 versions as I am aware that the PAL saves will not be recognized by the NTSC version in offline multi player mode.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:17 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
The minigames can only be acquired offline, by using PSO Plus. If you are using the original release of Phantasy Star Online Ep 1&2, the games can only be acquired online. There is another way to get these games. Luckily Sonic Team also included them with Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg. Was PSO Plus released in PAL Regions? I don't think it was. This means that Billy Hatcher is a great thing, because you can get this game, and have those mini-games safe and secure forever.

Online you can trade items between any region. So if a PAL user wanted to give me some mesata or a Last Survivor, he could do so no problem. The mini-games don't show up as items though. I'm not sure if you were asking in regards to the mini-games or general weapons.
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:04 pm
quote : #3
Thanks for the info regarding Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg

Regarding trading items, I was meaning Meseta, Weapons and Mags because I am trying to decide if I should bother buying PSO Plus since I already own PSO but it is PAL and that is why I wanted to know if transferring items was possible online.

The reason I was considering PSO Plus was mainly because I enjoyed the "The Dream Messenger" quest (I am aware how very short it is) which is why I wanted to know if the quest is playable offline in PSO Plus or if the GBA mini games are acquired in another way.

Sorry if I sound like I am repeating myself it is just the fact that all the information regarding PSO Plus that interests me mentions 3 quests playable offline and that the GBA mini games are now also available offline but nothing is mentioned if the mini games are acquired the same way offline as they are online.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:14 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
I don't have a link cable yet for my GBA, so I have yet to go through the motions of this process. I don't think the Dream Messanger quest is available offline. From what I remember the games are available in the options menu for immediate download.

Transferring items is possible online, you would just need to create a game, and have a friend hold onto your items while you switch games and memory cards and then sign back online.

PSO Plus is definatly worth it if you are looking to secure such great quests as the west and east tower for offline play. It is nice to know that these are available in PSO Plus, and will be able to be played regardless of the game still being online. (GC PSO won't be going offline for quite sometime though.)

PSO Plus is sort of hard to find. If you are a regular subscriber, then most of the special features in PSO Plus are available to you, such as EP2 C-Mode, the quests, and downloadable mini-games. So the main inscentive to getting PSO Plus now is to score it while you can, so you don't have to go digging all over to track it down in the future.