lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:42 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well, guess what? Every source on the internet on how to grow a console mag for the GameCube is completly incorrect. I am pretty ticked off about this. However it just goes to show you how many people cheat in PSO, for there not to be a documented verified method for growing console mags from the Christmas Holiday drops. The reason why nobody knows is because almost everyone is a cheating lamer, and just dupes their console makes instead of actually going through the process to get one.

Well, I did a ton of research all morning after killing an hour trying to finish off my Dreamcast Mag. I leveled it to 100+ just like the guide at countless PSO websites said, and nothing happened. I couldn't merge the Kit of Dreamcast with a Mark III 100+ mag.

I searched and searched and finally found someone who stated that you do in-fact need every single console kit to create a Dreamcast mag. So to create any mag you need to feed them each console kit in order. So if you want a saturn you have to feed a mark3, master system, and genesis.

I am pretty outraged, as now I have to wait another 8 months in order to get my Dreamcast mag.

While it is nice to finally know the truth about this, it is a shame that I now have to wait so long to get the mag I was thinking I would be leveling today. Plus I have no idea how I am going to get 3 more mag cell kits. I will probobly be the only existing non-jp player with a legit Dreamcast Mag. (well maybe not only, but one of the rare few)

Talk about frustrating...
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:20 pm
quote : #2
A long time ago someone gave me one they swore was legit. I took it because it was my first pso gc memory card/char and knew there were some shady things about some of the items i had obtained. I deleted/reformatted the card before I started Nine. Like 6 months later I saw the girl again snd she swore that it was real and was so upset with me she never talked to me again. Id mail her and she just ignored me. Never spoke again, she was online all the time but never aknowleded me. Even in the same lobby with mutual friends - just totally hated me. Jeya was her name I think.

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:17 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Wow that's crazy. But there was no way you could tell that the Mag was for real. If it was really legit, then yea I can see how she could be upset. But there really was no way for you to truly know, and you had no choice. Continuing to play knowing that the items you have "may or may not be" legit is a horrible feeling. This is the main reason I never accept items from people. I can't know 100% for sure, and won't taint my equipment list with dupes, because other players are unaware of the items they are getting from other users.
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:19 pm
quote : #4
I can count the people I will accept items from on one hand. Razz The thing is, I won't even play with non-legits, and I've found some tricks for spotting them. One thing we do on the PAL DC servers when we see a new face, is ask them to play CMode. I've never met a cheater that likes to play CMode. Why would they want to go through the trouble of cmode when they can just hack their srank weapon? When I first started playing I was put through the cmode test as well.

DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:21 pm
quote : #5
The very first time I went online with my very first character which was named after (lol) me...I remember I was so amazed at people giving out items for free and of course I went into those games to get free things but then I found out about the cheating and everything and deleted my character and created Zephyr and I stayed away from Vega the rest of my days online, and getting back to the Dreamcast mag, I understood from the beginning you had to feed your mag a couple of times to get the Dreamcast mag and I know I fgot it from a guide. I had two mark systems but never got around to creating the mag but I knew how to grow it. BTW..getting back on the dupes thing...hahaha the first item I received was a Hamburger Mag which was pretty funy looking...lol