Topic: PSO GCAny

Page 1 of 2
U-235
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:10 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hello, everyone! I'm new over here on the gamecube side of onlineconsoles. Well, I bought my Gamecube over the weekend and I ordered PSO GC plus and a modem. I'm an avid Dreamcast PSO player, and I'm really anxious to see what EP2 is like. Anyway, I picked up my copy of PSO plus at amazon.com new for $25! I think I got a real steal on it. I paid $20 for a used modem on amazon as well. Anyway, does PSO GC have the free one month trial like Xbox? I don't really plan on doing much playing online on GC to be truthful. I really like the atmosphere and people on the PAL DC servers. But if it does have the one month free trial, I'll need some experts for Cmode! Anyone care to lend a hand? Mr. Green

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:11 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Welcome! Nice to see you here U-235 Smile Sweet deal on PSO EP1&2 Plus, a great purchase. As it is the most complete release of PSO on the market today. The Plus version has a lot of online only content now available in offline form. Plus you can develop snapshots right over the LAN!

Yes GameCube PSO gives you a free 1 month trial. If anything you can play Dreamcast PSO as your primary, and then kick around GC PSO from time to time. I am always available to play! I have my Hunters Liscense subscribed every month and have been paying since 2003. I own both PSO EP1&2 as well as EP3.

I would like to point out that a Hunters Liscense covers both EP1&2 and EP3 for the GameCube, so it is a great deal.

Even if you are not playing your GC PSO online past your 1 month trial, feel free to come here to talk about PSO, as this site sure could use some more PSO discussions.

When you sign up for your 1 month trial let me know, and we can get some games going Wink

(Plus I have DC PAL v1, so we can always play online over there after your first month is up.)
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:03 am
quote : #3
I'm very anxious to see what EP2 is like. The game should be here next week. I got an email confirmation that it has already been shipped, so now I just need to wait on the US Postal Service. As for the modem, I bought it used, so I'm hoping I don't get screwed on that deal. I'll definitely post when I get everything in order for online play, and as for DC PAL, I'm usually playing from 20:30 till 10:30 or later. I just did Challenge 5 tonight. We got it in 1:07, so I'll need to shave some time off that. And I'll start up some PSO Threads here too, Nikon. Mr. Green

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:35 am
quote : #4
Episode 2 will blow you away. The main reason why I am so partial to the GameCube release, instead of putting more time into Dreamcast PSO, all boils down to Episode 2. On the Dreamcast you can only play VR Spaceship in Battle Mode. On GC in EP2 it is a full blown area (same with the Temple). VR Spaceship is my favorite area to play in. This is a huge reason why I am so entrenched in GC PSO. As you can see from the forums header graphic ( if you are browsing on a PC ) I just love VR Spaceship to death hehe.

The NEW areas you will get to explore on EP2 are:

Jungle
Mountains
Seaside
Central Control Area
Upper Seabed
Lower Seabed
West Tower
East Tower

All with tons of brand new enemies and bosses. Cool
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:04 pm
quote : #5
I have to admit, I'm not much into battle mode. Smile But I'm all about the new areas, bosses, and hopefully ITEMS! I've never played any game I've put as much time into as PSO, and with PSO GC on the way, I'll be putting a lot more into it. Unfortunately for the game, as you know, it is plagued with cheaters and hackers, and that's really why I don't plan on spending much time online with GC PSO. I will DEFINITELY renew my Hunter's License whenever a holiday event happens. I remember a thread on DC Onlineconsoles where you said that magcells can only be found online during holiday events. That means you have a much better chance of finding one on GC than you do on DC. And I feel like I've been missing something not playing EP2. Anyway, next week I should see what it's like. Mr. Green

Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:25 pm
quote : #6
GCPSO C-Mode Rules!

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
U-235
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:55 pm
quote : #7
WOW! I just ordered the game on Saturday, and I had a nice surprise waiting for me when I got home from work today! As soon as my daughter goes to bed, I'm going to spend some time checking it out. I'm still waiting on the modem, and as soon as I do I'll use the free trial, but I may want to wait a bit for the Easter event. I can't wait to check this out. I'm so excited about GC PSO! Mr. Green Anyway guys, the seller on Amazon was a company called Kana Direct, and I highlyt recommend buying from them. See you guys online as soon as my modem comes in.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:18 pm
quote : #8
Yea I have ordered from them in the past before. Good company to order from :]

Did you order a modem? or bba? (what is your standard internet connection?)
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:06 pm
quote : #9
I ordered a modem. There's no broadband available in my area yet. They should have DSL lines ran later this year, and when they do I'll pick up the GC BBA. And here's what I have to say about GC PSO...... HOLY SHIT! They tweaked the graphics right down to the item boxes, the telepipes look really cool, and graphically its flat out amazing when you compare it to the DC version. I went into EP2 for a little bit, but I decided I needed to do some leveling when I saw how they mix the enemies from different areas in the Temple. Also, maybe you guys can help me with this... I have never once seen this item on DC so don't laugh. I was playing the quest Battle Training last night and I saw a yellow item drop. This really floored me because yellow's just don't drop in normal mode on DC. What it was, is a Photon Drop X1. What do I do with it? I'm now a BIG fan of GC PSO! Mr. Green

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:17 pm
quote : #10
Yea just like all sonic team games on the gamecube, PSO looks so rich with color. I have an s-vdieo switch box that i use for my consoles. A while back I powered on my Dreamcast, and then my GameCube, and had both PSO's running in the forest. The difference is pretty remarkable. The GC version is so much richer and full of color. All of the little tweaks Sonic Team did to the game are really great. I am glad they retained the same char models as the DC version. Since on the Xbox and PC versions they amped up the player models, making them look more...hmm "adult looking?"

Also I have to warn you EP2 is definatly harder if you are starting RIGHT away at Lvl1 running into EP2. Since the Temple has enemies from the Ruins.

A photon drop is an item you collect. You will want to keep on saving them. When you get online you can go visit Pagnini via Gallon's Shop and give him photon drops, and he will add % to a weapon of your choice. You can't add hit percent, but can add area %. I forget what the amount is that you can add. Photon Drops have other uses as well. There are also Photon Spheres, but you have to buy those.

OH and you can also use photon drops to create a Sinow Berill's knuckle with Photon camouflage. I did that, makes the weapon look all cloaked. Super cool. Wink
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:30 pm
quote : #11
I started a new RAmar, and a new HUcast so far. I've leveled the RA to 8 already, and haven't played yet with the HU. I will probably make a hunewearl and humar. The ability to add percents is very nice. I assume this is not on the dc version. I want to see what the offline multiplayer is like, and see what quests it has. I may want to play split screen and leave the other character in P2, especially if it has TTF and Famitsu. I'm sure there are some online quests on the cube that aren't on the dc. I can't wait until I get the modem!

Mastershake
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:54 pm
quote : #12
There are no quests for offline multiplayer. I hate that. Evil or Very Mad BUT you can do Cmode and Battle.
PSO episode 1 & 2 characters (xbox): (not playing anymore)
rune HUmar: level 122
wren HUcast: level 68
Rune ver2 FOmar: level 69
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:05 pm
quote : #13
Yea I wish you could play the Tower Quests offline as multi-player. Embarassed But, I guess I am thankfull just to have them atleast.
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:39 pm
quote : #14
Yes, the lack of offline multiplayer for that quest angers me greatly. I really do wish it was playable in offline multiplayer since that's really the only way I play PSO.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
U-235
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:02 pm
quote : #15
Well my modem came in today, so I'll be setting up my free trial tonight after my daughter goes to sleep. If anyone wants to play my new characters name is Metro Cowboy. I don't know what ships there are, so I don't know where I'll be. I'm really liking PSO GC at this point. Mr. Green Hope to see you guys online!