Topic: Just got a Gamecube

Page 1 of 1
GameCubeNode
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:40 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Well I finally got a Gamecube! I bought Metriod Prime for my first game and so far I love it! I'm wondering what are some of the best games for the Gamecube? Also what do I need to start playing PSO episode 1-2 and 3. How do I soft reset the system?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:36 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Metroid Prime = Excellent Choice (MP1 & 2 are my favorite games of all time)

The list of "best" games for the gamecube is extremly long. I honestly wouldn't know where to start, I could just keep listing game after game forever. What type of genre were you looking for particularly? Any games you had questions about?

What do you mean by soft reset the system? If you mean to clear any PSO information, you don't need to do that one the gamecube. It isn't like the Dreamcast. You can play PSO on whichever console you like, and even bring your memory card over to someone elses house and play multiplayer on their gamecube along with their save.

As for PSO all you need is a serial and access key, which are inside the case, and the games. You will also need to purchase a modem or broadband adaptor. Search around your local used game stores. Some are stupidly selling GC BBA's for insanely low prices used. Also you can get a used copy if you can't get a sealed version.

Basically all of those serial number and console hardware restrictions that the Dreamcast had, are not here on the gamecube. You can use a serial number someone aready used.
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:13 pm
quote : #3
When I had a GC before, I played all the way thru Metroid Prime, but I just couldn't beat it. Smile If you're into the sports titles, anything by EA is very good. I have MVP Baseball 05 and Tiger Woods 06 for my GC. NFS Underground was a very good racing title for the GC. I played Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, but I wasn't too impressed with it. I haven't played Metroid Prime Echoes yet, but I'm probably going to buy it. I just wish the GC had more online capable titles. Sad

GameCubeNode
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:14 pm
quote : #4
Well I also have a Dreamcast and Playstation 2. I do play alot of sports games especially EA sports. But I have already invested money on these titles for another platform basically. Are the graphics on the Gamecube version really good compared to Playstation II? I'm gonna probably get a Zelda game for the cube. Also Mario Sunshine looks really nice, I loved Mario64 on N64 Smile

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:47 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
GameCubeNode: Atleast you are now a part of the "Owning all 3 consoles of OC" club Mr. Green

As for EA sports games, they are competant titles on the gamecube, but not a reason to pick them up if you own them on another platform. Third party companies like EA and Ubisoft tend to port titles over the gamecube rather poorly. They just port the game, no bells or whistles.

Now this doesn't mean ALL titles are ported in a lazy fashion. Sometimes the GameCube title is very well developed, or is the best for all consoles.

The Prince of Persia games are probobly best on the GameCube.

Beyond Good and Evil is best on the GameCube.

Some EA games that are good on the cube are NBA Street Vol 3 and SSX on Tour, which allow you to play as Nintendo Characters like Mario, Luigi, Peach etc etc.

The primary games you want to focus on, are First Party nintendo titles, and GameCube exclusives. That is where the GameCube's bread and butter is. The Cube has a lot in common with the Dreamcast. It has a TON of titles that are first party, and tons of titles that are designed and specifically suited to the GameCube console.

If you are looking for something different, and fun, look into buying Pikmin. I would recommend getting Pikmin first, and then getting Pikmin 2 later after you have played the first one. Partially because of the backstory, but also because heading full on into Pikmin 2 not knowing anything about these games could be information overload, since Pikmin 2 gets a lot more ambitious than it's predecessor.
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:27 pm
quote : #6
Since I own all three consoles now do I get a special star? lol j/king Thanks for telling me before hand that most cube games from ea are ported over. I kno exactly how this is because nfl2k5 was done like this ,it was original planned for xbox and then ported to ps2. The 2k sports just doesnt feel the same on ps2 as it was on dreamcast mainly because of the controller. I bet the xbox version was better suited ,since the xbox controller is more like the dc controller. I loved Beyond Good and Evil on ps2!! It was amazing on ps2 cant imagine it looking any better. But im truely blown away with the gamecube's power. Metriod Prime runs at 60fps and its just amazing how good that game looks, plus I've only played the first stage.
Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:47 pm
quote : #7
Some of my GameCube all time faves are:

PSO's
Eternal Darkness
Starfox Assault
mario sports
Resident Evils (4 Alot)
zeldas/ 4 swords!!! (need gba(s) and cable(s) and friend(s))
Crystal Cronicles (need gba(s) and cable(s) and friend(s))
Tales of Symphonia
Twin Snakes

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
crum_cake
rank 1
Posted:
Tue May 02, 2006 6:55 pm
quote : #8
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance