1, 2  Next
pso man
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:48 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
post any tips you can plz. can you his doge grants? im a oran HUcast my main wep is a railgun +17 with 30% on dark and i have a diwari mag

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:11 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Where did you get a Diwari Mag? If you are on Hard Mode, with an HUcast?

Also what level is your character currently?
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:27 am
quote : #3
One problem that I have with Falz in PSO is that you simply cannot dodge his Grants attack. You basically just have to have enough HP or a ton of Resist/Saint abilities equipped to your character so that you can survive the attack and heal afterwards. So really, the only two options are to level up some more, or load up your armor slots.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
pso man
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:45 pm
quote : #4
i'm level 52 my mag was got from my RAmarl i have no resist/saints and armor is a 3 slot dragon frame

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:53 pm
quote : #5
Oh ok, I was just trying to make sure that you grew the mag yourself. (since this is a legit community)

Ok here is what you are going to need to do. If there is room for improvement, you should work on it. So if you have a 3 slot frame, try and get a 4 slot frame. Also check the level requirement on the Dragon Frame. I think you are way past that frame in terms of your level.

Watch the Armor shop, and look for better frames. Also if you have any Addslots, use them on a powerfull frame to increase its slots. I would hunt for a better frame and shield in the Ruins. Look for the best one you can equip. The frames I have been using since 2003, are Ultimate Frames, 4 slots, that I found for sale in the shop Smile

Next you are going to want to equip Body units as slots, such as Warrior Body, Metal Body, etc, to increase your defense.

If you have a weapon that boosts your defense, like a Bravace gun, bring it along to equip it while you arn't attacking. So if you get attacked, you will have a bit more protection.

Also, it is always best to bring full health restore items:

10 Monomates
10 Dimates
10 Trimates
10 Star Atomizers
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:04 am
quote : #6
well i can manage 10 dimates. trimates are a bit expesnive but i could manage them to.but my shop does not sell monomates and star automizors cost to much. i just want to get to very hard mode any rares you can recomend? inave a dbsaber+3 with 45% on dark sould i use that?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:42 am
quote : #7
I would play through Mines and Ruins collecting items and going back to shop selling everything you can for Mesata. So then you can buy Star Atomizers and Trimates. Also you will probobly find some Star Atomizers and Trimates along the way.

Tri's and Star's are essential for taking down falz, as they fill your health to maximum.

OH also bringing a few Scape Dolls is recommended as well.

As far as weaponry, I would bring 3 weapons. Sword, your DB Saber, and a decent handgun. I believe Hard Mode falz just has 2 forms if I remember correctly. Whereas Very Hard and Ultimate Falz have 3 forms.

Here are some extra tips on Falz. When you first start out, do not attack the Darvants with a sword or saber. Use a hand gun type weapon, and pick them off. You can take your time here! So only fire when you have a clear shot. Take a few shots, and then keep running. It is possible to get through this first part without taking any damage.

When Falz actually enters the arena during the first phase, he will shoot out lots of Darvants (spinning spike things). This is why you will want to have a sword equipped. You don't want to get surrounded, so you will need to sword to hack down multiple Darvants. Just keep on making your way to the extending heads, and hack away until you get Falz to his second form.

Now when he is in his second forum, this is where it gets a bit harder. The best strategy is to use a compination of weapons here. Have a hand gun, and a close quarters weapon like a saber ready. Falz will keep on moving around in a circle, so if you are close move in and deal as much damage as possible with a saber type weapon. If he is too far, run in a bit so you have lock and start firing with your pistol. When he changes positions again, try and move in closer for more saber hits.

This should do the trick.

I must stress that having tons of health items, and decent armor / defense units is critical. I would go on a few ruins runs to see if you can find some better gear for your character. This along with di's tri's and star's will help you to defeat Falz and unlock Very Hard mode.
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:41 am
quote : #8
sadley Sad he has forms 1,2 and 3 if he olny had 1&2 i wold beat him Crying or Very sad 1&2= no problem 3= hard hard and evil Twisted Evil need help with the 3 form oh and whre do you find/buy scape dolls?

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:35 am
quote : #9
Scape Dolls can be dropped by anything, so if you fight around enough (especially in Ruins), you're bound to pick some up.

And yeah . . . like psoman said, he has all three forms in Hard Mode. Normal Mode is the only mode in which you don't have to fight Falz's final form.

Trimates and Star Atomizers are certainly a must for any android, and pretty much every time you get hit by the Grants attack, you're going to need to heal. That's really why I dislike fighting Falz by myself as an android.

Nikon, it's been a while since I played, but I'm not sure that Body units will help at all. I think the defense stat only boosts your strength versus physical attacks. Only your resistance values and your HP can save you from a magic attack like Grants. I could be wrong about that, but I think that's right. If you don't have any Resist/Saints, I believe they are sometimes available at the Armor Shop in town, so check there every time you get back from Ragol. If you have any God/HP or General/HP units, those actually might be useful as well if you load up on them.

I definitely think it will be tough for you, but it's certainly not impossible. I recommend bringing a good handgun as I tend to use handguns a ton against Falz since he is pretty quick and is all over the place in the final stage of the battle. Conserve your healing items during the first two forms because you're going to need them against his final form.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:49 pm
quote : #10
My strategy was always to equip defense units to defend against every other attack:

Darvants
Slash Attacks
Those blue shots of energy (I don't think those are elemental?)
when you get your soul captured by Falz, and other people are attacking falz

So that when he uses elemental attacks on you, you have enough energy and health items to take all of his attacks.

I have beaten Falz on every difficulty setting using no resists, and I rarely use them, except in the Ultimate Mountains to defend against lightening attacks.
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:48 pm
quote : #11
Yeah, you're right, but to me it just sounded like he was being instantly killed by Falz's Grants attack. Looking back at psoman's posts, he actually never said that, but I guess I kind of just inferred that (I probably made the wrong assumption). However, if he is being instantly killed by the Grants attack, the only way to beat Falz is by using Resist units. However, if the Grants attack does not kill him instantly, it's best to load up on Defense units (as Nikon pointed out) since you're going to be healing after Grants anyways.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:54 pm
quote : #12
But one of the key things I always did was max out my shield and armor. I always had the highest level shield or armor I could find when facing falz. Which in-turn increased my resist stats because with higher armor / shields, comes better resist capabilities.

Regardless of my own personal take on going up against falz, I guess the best option is to max out your armor and shield, get resist units "or" body units, and get all the health recovery items you can store.
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:54 pm
quote : #13
lordnikon wrote:
But one of the key things I always did was max out my shield and armor. I always had the highest level shield or armor I could find when facing falz. Which in-turn increased my resist stats because with higher armor / shields, comes better resist capabilities.

Regardless of my own personal take on going up against falz, I guess the best option is to max out your armor and shield, get resist units "or" body units, and get all the health recovery items you can store.

Agreed on that point. That's always the best thing to do, and in the process, you'll probably gain some nice levels.

pso man
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:37 am
quote : #14
i have a secret gear i picked up from a glichchic (on hard mines) and that helps and no i'm not geting 1hit k.o's from grants but in my 60+ hours of playing i have only found 3 scape dolls! oh and i found 1 saint in caves. my first idea was to verse him on lv 74 Embarassed but thanks for your help Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:49 am
quote : #15
If you are up to the third Phase of Dark Falz, I would whip out a handgun and just keep on firing away at him. If you attack fast enough you should kill falz before you run out of recovery items.

Next time you face Falz, when you first get into the third phase, try to remember roughly how many dimates, trimates, and star atomizers you have going into the battle. This would help us to determine whether you are losing too much life during the first 2 phases.