Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:21 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I was looking for a new avatar when I happened to see this quote from Shigeru Miyamoto about the new Zelda:

“I would say that we are progressing well with completing it. And one of the most important features is that, because Revolution can run GameCube software, when you play Twilight Princess on Revolution, you can take advantage of the Revolution controller.”

This quote really makes me wonder about PSO GC and also all the LAN enabled GameCube games. If the Revolution runs GameCube software how will these online and LAN games work with the Revolution? Could new people start playing PSO GCN because the Revolution has the modem built in and they could just pick up the game cheap/used and not worry about the keyboard issue (usb port) and network adapter issue (built in)? [/url]

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:39 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
You are asking questions, which nobody currently has answers to. Official information from Nintendo has not been released yet about the Revolution, it's network functions, or it's backwards compatibility with GameCube network software.
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:50 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U
yeah... gotta wait till some solid info comes in... but just speculation here... i'm saying no... cause the regginator stated in a recent interview that gc games will not be able to use the rev controller, even with a shell. thats why it has built in gc controller ports and card slots. so if you can't even use the controller, i doubt they would work in any network play. but i would really like it if nintendo proved me wrong! Smile
-F-Zero GX Local Online Ranking: 1st in PA-
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:26 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Put it this way. We won't even know if the Revolution will support PSO / LAN games for the cube until myself, or someone else who is even into this stuff gets a Revolution and tests it. So far with my experience with the Playstation 2, I usually don't find out about a game's full capabilites until I personally get to test it out myself.

With the GameCube, in a year, people just won't care enough to sit down and test this feature out.

How many people here actually have the hardware setup to test LAN games? Plus who here in a year will be subscribed to PSO and own a Revolution? The Dreamcast website benifits from already having a hardcore crowd because the system is long past its market life. The GameCube and Playstation 2 are another story entirely, as they are still on the commercial market. There are gamers especially at this site, and the PS2 site that won't be here anymore.

Odd's are, we won't know about the full extent of Online GameCube compatibility with the revolution until I personally get a chance to test out everything. Which could be a while, because I am not an early adopter. The only system I got at launch was the 32X. Every other platform I have acquired more than a year after it's innitial release.