lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:08 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
When you create a game offline, what section id affects the droprates?

I create a game with my HUnewearl as Player 1, who does not have ultimate open offline yet, but because I am playing with my HUcast as Player 2 it has Ultimate open for play.
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:10 pm
quote : #2
Are you asking if Player 1 or 2's section ID affects offline drops? If so, Player 1's ID controls all of the drops.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:37 am
quote : #3
Yes, I was asking what affected the drop rates offline.

I guess offline multiplayer goes by the same rules as online multiplayer. I got confused into thinking that if I started a game as my HUnewearl, I would only have Normal / Hard Mode open (which is as far as I have gotten offline with that character). So when I saw that Ultimate was available, I assumed the areas that were open were dicated by my HUcast since he has everything in the game unlocked.

The first time when I created my game earlier I didn't actually go to the warp down to ragol to see what area's were immediatly available. I actually tried that a little while ago and only option available was Forest.
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:32 am
quote : #4
I think this is the deal:

As long as someone in your offline party has unlocked Ultimate, the person leading the party can access Ultimate (but ONLY if everyone in the party meets the Ultimate level requirement which I believe is 60, maybe 80). Still, the areas unlocked in Ultimate depend on the character who initiated the game, and drops are dependent upon the leading character as well. For example, my brother is a Pinkal FOmarl, and I'm a Redria HUmar. He has not completed Very Hard Mode in single player (and I have), but I frequently get him to lead the party in Ultimate Mode so that we can pick up some Pinkal drops.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:53 am
quote : #5
Online the only requirement to access ultimate is reaching Level 80. I believe it will be the same for offline as well. The only true way to test it would be to have two Lv80+ characters that have not gotten to Ultimate offline, and then try and create an offline multiplayer game to see what happens.
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:38 am
quote : #6
Yeah, that sounds vaguely familiar now. I think that you're right. All it takes is level 80 in offline or online multiplayer mode. It's just hard for me to remember because it was so long ago. I'm positive that I unlocked Ultimate before I got to level 80, but I think that when I played with my brother as my second character (Whitill RAmar), we were both over level 40 (but neither of us had beaten Hard Mode), and we could still get to Very Hard in multiplayer.

DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:06 pm
quote : #7
If I remember correctly, one of the characters needs to have unlocked Ultimate mode in order to play it and regarding the drops player 1 controls that. I always thought that player 1 controlled everything because my friends always chose me to lead the games because I had everything unlocked offline. Question

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:36 pm
quote : #8
DarkLink wrote:
If I remember correctly, one of the characters needs to have unlocked Ultimate mode in order to play it and regarding the drops player 1 controls that. I always thought that player 1 controlled everything because my friends always chose me to lead the games because I had everything unlocked offline. Question

I'm not 100% sure on this, I'm just going based on memory, but I do think that if you are of the appropriate level, you can access any of the modes in multiplayer (i.e. if you are level 80, you can get into Ultimate multiplayer regardless of whether or not you've unlocked Ultimate in single player mode). I think the reason your friend may have wanted you to be the main character is that you must have cleared a level in your single player offline experience to have access to later areas. For example, if you are level 82 and have not beaten Very Hard Mode, you can still be the party leader and have access to Ultimate Mode. However, you will only have access to the Forest or Temple area (depending on whether you're playing Ep I or II) when you enter the game even if someone else in your party has cleared those zones.

DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:45 pm
quote : #9
Lunar Eclipse wrote:
DarkLink wrote:

I'm not 100% sure on this, I'm just going based on memory, but I do think that if you are of the appropriate level, you can access any of the modes in multiplayer (i.e. if you are level 80, you can get into Ultimate multiplayer regardless of whether or not you've unlocked Ultimate in single player mode). I think the reason your friend may have wanted you to be the main character is that you must have cleared a level in your single player offline experience to have access to later areas. For example, if you are level 82 and have not beaten Very Hard Mode, you can still be the party leader and have access to Ultimate Mode. However, you will only have access to the Forest or Temple area (depending on whether you're playing Ep I or II) when you enter the game even if someone else in your party has cleared those zones.

I'm sorry I misunderstood, yes to play Ultimate offline all you need is to have the characters on level 80+. I thought he was asking about the areas that are open once you are in the game.