Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed May 03, 2006 5:12 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
The A.I. in Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes is so much smarter. If I even get alerted there is nowhere to run and they gun me down before I can make an escape. In some instances I wish I could have the dumber A.I. from the Playstation original.

The enemies sure are fierce though. It forces you to be super stealthy. On some missions I am on the verge of speed runs simply because I have had to do them over again so many times after slipping up and getting spotted. Usually it isn't because they see me, but because they hear me running around. (damn metal floors!)
rank 5
Posted:
Thu May 04, 2006 12:16 am
quote : #2
You gotta creeeeeeep, d00d! Seriously though, I know what you mean. After I beat MGS3, I had the urge to get Twin Snakes, which I did. I'm a few hours into it now, and the whole time I'm like, "WTF I don't remember MGS on PS1 being this hard!!!!" I even died a few times getting out of the very first part and getting to the elevator.... I'm definitely having to make a few adjustments from my approach to MGS3. The game looks great on GameCube though. A real treat so far.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu May 04, 2006 12:24 am
quote : #3
Maybe later on it will get easier when you get better weapons. At the moment though, just using the Socom, I can't get headshots fast enough to take them down and go find cover. In MGS3 I could take down like 6 dudes and then they entire area would be clear and I could go hide. In Twin Snakes the guys with the body armor and shields just keep on coming.

Hopefully I get a silencer for the socom soon. I bet that will help out a lot.

Did you get a cardboard box yet? I wonder how the soldiers react to that.

I agree with you that the game looks great on the cube. It is a real pleasure to be playing the game on the cube and to have it be so faithfull to the MGS franchise. Silicon Knights did such a good job with the game.

EDIT: Lanz I got further in the game now, and I am owning bigtime. It is all about the headshots with the Socom :] I am clearing out rooms no problem.
rank 7
Posted:
Wed May 24, 2006 12:23 pm
quote : #4
Yes, this game is greatly redone on the Gamecube. Sure the AI is tough, but I think its better then them being brain-dead.

Vandross
rank 3
Posted:
Sat May 27, 2006 10:55 am
quote : #5
My friend has beat the game once. I tried playing on "Extreme" mode once and got killed within 10 seconds. Evil or Very Mad
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Skype - Hydean
MSN - mechoshira@hotmail.com
TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:09 pm
quote : #6
I had the same feelings toward the beginning of the game as nikon did. At first, the guards completely stymied me as I snuck into the compound. It wasn't their intelligence or senses that got me; it was the sheer numbers and wave after wave of fodder that nearly drove me into madness. Thankfully, after I picked up the SOCOM (esp. the silencer to take out those pesky cameras) and acclimated myself to the controls (I was coming to Twin Snakes after a week or so of intense MGS2 gaming), the game became easy... almost too easy. When I came back to finish Sons of Liberty up, I sorely missed some of the features of TS (such as being able to hold both the A and Y button down with the FAMAS, then letting go of the Y button and firing).

Great game though. That last bit when your fighting Metal Gear with Grey Fox was truly astounding.

-Mytho

Dalore
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:01 pm
quote : #7
I just got through playing it again, I still own the PS original, but this one always gets pulled out when I fancy a quick stealth fix. I know what you mean about the difficulty, I started playing MGS2 on the PS2 after and was amazed how easy and quick i'm getting through it! Definatley all about those socom headshots! Maybe bit of a tranq first!

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:40 am
quote : #8
I should clarrify that I enjoy hard games. So the smart A.I. in Twin Snakes actually overjoys me.

Another thing I noticed is how much more sensitive the sound is in Twin Snakes. You have to be really really quiet. The guards will pick up any sound echo. I remember I was just crawling on a platform above some guards and they heard me. In the PS1 original they wern't nearly as sensitive.
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:21 pm
quote : #9
Yep that definatley got tweaked, the tank hanger took me a bit longer than usual cus of their genome 'enhanced' hearing!

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:29 am
quote : #10
If your cothing even rubs against the metal, the guards will hear you. You have to be super silent. Or else they will go Exclamation

hehe Laughing
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:01 am
quote : #11
I played original game but haven't finished it.I think im going to get this GC version from eBay.Actually I like hard games too, because when you beat such hard game you really have feeling that it was worth playing and you learned something useful from it.I really enjoy solving problems in video games, it's fun and challenging. Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:55 am
quote : #12
This game is totally worth getting. The game runs at a solid 60fps and is really well done. Somehow Silicon Knights managed to capture the essence of Metal Gear. It really is an interesting case where a western developer rose to the challenge and was able to develop a game on par with the output from Japan. Similar in many ways to what happened with Metroid Prime.
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:17 pm
quote : #13
I even prefer Twin Snakes over MGS on PS1, because it's more graphically in line with MGS2 and 3. It makes for a nice trilogy.

Also, if they hear your clothes rubbing on the wall, they go Question before they go Exclamation . Now, if they see you, then they go Exclamation right away. hehe

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:31 pm
quote : #14
I must be rubbing pretty hard then to make them go Exclamation
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:30 pm
quote : #15